Wrexham Maelor hospital parking

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Wrexham Maelor hospital parking

• Author

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

@Rondetto 5201 wrote:

That’s why I say the only answer is a Multi storey car park. It is growing and continues to grow and the parking problem is not getting any better.

You have a point there. To save on building costs services are being brought back to the hospital from the community. More services means more patients so the pressure on the available car parking spaces is bound to increase.

Rondetto
    Participant

I think you’ve only got to look at Manchester and Liverpool airports, they utilise the space they’ve got by building multi storey car parks. So 6000 vehicles are not spread out around the surrounding land, they are mostly all in one building.

Jill
    Participant

I get the feeling that a lot of drivers are unaware of the big car park (overlooking Morrisons) so when they can’t find a space in the terraced parking nearest the entrance, they panic and leave the car anywhere they can. The knock on effect is that getting around is made more difficult and stressful for other drivers prowling for spaces.
    Blue Badge spaces are rarer than hen’s teeth.

zinger
    Participant

@Mike Davies 5200 wrote:

I go regularly (at different times of the day). I have never not been able to find a parking space. Granted sometimes I have to part right at the furthest part of the “overflow” car park, but I always manage to park somewhere. At the end of the day the Hospital is getting bigger and busier and it attracts a lot of traffic. The car park has expanded over the years to reflect this.

It is worth noting that some hospitals charge people for parking.

I also have never been unable to park – under the bridge at one end & by Morrisons the other. The hospital is already unable to cope without closing smaller hospitals. We have an influx of immigrants & new housing estates built, with no thought to the infrastructure. 5 hours waiting in A & E. How much would that cost if you pay for the car park & exactly what difference would it make?

Rondetto
    Participant

My wife broke her shoulder a year ago, the ambulance waited for 3 hours outside A & E before they could take her in. You are right, they cant cope with the influx of immigrants and new estates being built. Currently the biggest development area in Wrexham is on the Ruthin road where there are another 250 houses to be built. The council should be looking at how all these things are going to affect the town now.

michellecook
    Participant

I’ve been unable to part quite a few times, last Thursday was a prime example, had to take my youngest to OT in Child Health Centre. No spaces there and cars parked everywhere, tried over the road in main car park then down by the old gypsy site and there was nothing at all, did 2 laps before I struck lucky. I always check down the bottom, couple of times I’ve even had to park in Morrisons itself and walk across the car park. Thats fine when it is just me, I often take my nan who has a serious heart condition or my mum who can’t walk more than a few steps with me and its not always practical to leave them by the door while I go space hunting.

Rondetto
    Participant

I think your experience is exactly why they need to do something before it gets any worse Michelle. When I came from there on Thursday there was several cars waiting for me to pull out.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

“Lots of Wrexham routes make perfect sense for review” – Ken Skates on 20 MPH

News

Eisteddfod proclamation on Saturday will be ‘full of colour’

News

“Constructive” meeting over odour complaints at Hafod landfill

News

Hundreds facing cancer treatment delays as waiting times hit second-worst on record

News

Thrilling new water park to waves in North Wales seaside town

News

Nationwide ban on wet wipes containing plastic set to be introduced

News