Wrexham Maelor hospital parking

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Wrexham Maelor hospital parking

• Author

Rondetto
    Participant

I had an appointment with the podiatrist this morning. I set out early and I’m glad I did. I went round and round looking for a parking spot, followed by another dozen cars behind me. The situation is dreadful and I can only think that a solution could be a multi storey car park. When I eventually parked I was almost in Morrisons car park.
    The sooner they address the parking problem, the better.

zinger
    Participant

I know. It can easily put an hour on your visit. Staggered visiting times might help in the afternoons.

Rondetto
    Participant

My appointment was for 10.30am, I thought it wouldn’t be so busy. How wrong I was.

djrus
    Participant

Not sure but is there to be an entrance and the parking improve d off the new gateway?

Rondetto
    Participant

I haven’t heard of a new gateway, is that from the Ruthin road end?

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

I have found this on the council site.
    WCBC: Western Gateway Project
    I can’t find any mention of extra car parking though. There is a car park on the old railway line behind the hospital but it’s only access is the main hospital entrance.

Darlofan
    Participant

Have to say I’ve been 6times since January and never had a problem. In fact last time I went I had to park down the bottom car park overlooking morrisons, until that point I didn’t know that car park was there as I’d never got that far!!!

zinger
    Participant

Ha! but what time do you need to go.

Mike Davies
    Participant

I go regularly (at different times of the day). I have never not been able to find a parking space. Granted sometimes I have to part right at the furthest part of the “overflow” car park, but I always manage to park somewhere. At the end of the day the Hospital is getting bigger and busier and it attracts a lot of traffic. The car park has expanded over the years to reflect this.

It is worth noting that some hospitals charge people for parking.

Rondetto
    Participant

That’s why I say the only answer is a Multi storey car park. It is growing and continues to grow and the parking problem is not getting any better.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News