Wrexham is a great town

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Wrexham is a great town

• Author

feedshallow
    Participant

Idris, this racist rant is becoming a tiresome now. I suggest you do some research into Poles in Wrexham before you come on here spouting shite. Look up Penley and the Polish hospital, look up the Polish pilots in WW11.
    Polish people have been in Wrexham since the 1940’s. Take a look into the history of Italians in Wrexham. Once they were looked at with suspicion. The Portuguese cafes in Wrexham have become a vibrant part of town, try visiting one and chat to the people there. Wrexham is a much more pleasant town FOR the immigration.

Idris
    Participant

[quote quote=147896]Idris, this racist rant is becoming a tiresome now. I suggest you do some research into Poles in Wrexham before you come on here spouting shite. Look up Penley and the Polish hospital, look up the Polish pilots in WW11.
    Polish people have been in Wrexham since the 1940’s. Take a look into the history of Italians in Wrexham. Once they were looked at with suspicion. The Portuguese cafes in Wrexham have become a vibrant part of town, try visiting one and chat to the people there. Wrexham is a much more pleasant town FOR the immigration.[/quote]

Those type of people you refer to are poles apart from the bullying would-be gangstas that are running our town down.
    I respect the past but fear for the future. I don’t feel safe in town it is a scum area and I now stay in my own village so don’t give me racist rants as I have older Polish mates from a genuine place in time where men were gents and not louts.

AND most people DID vote for BREXIT to stop the flow of unwanted immigrants! F.A.C.T.

Idris
    Participant

Actually my Polish mate said that he hated how the “bad ones” are all coming over here so is HE racist? Or does he just have an opinion???

pastrylover
    Participant

Greggs and the pound bakery at least twice a week!

Not an eastern european in those establishments.

See, eat pasties and all is good.

99DylanJones
    Participant

Where is the evidence that Eastern Europeans are giving up ow paid work to go onto benefits — it is a fact that this is not happening — you need to look at the DWP figures for benefit claimants in Wrexham- the figures across the board have seen a significant decrease in payments- many of “our own” benefit scroungers have been caught out and are now working.

I don’t dispute that at times there are people who appear to be hanging around drinking – I don’t know why the assumption is they are all Polish – do you join in a conversation with them, I don’t dispute that there will be some Polish along with Wrexhamites, Portuguese and a wide range of other nationalities. Many who do hang around during the day actually work night shifts so don’t assume they are all scroungers.

RDx
    Participant

To return to the original topic, the only point I agree with is the nice countryside, and the decent transport links that allow us to swiftly escape whenever we like.

Walking through the town centre on a weekday afternoon is a real eye opener, as is returning on the bus to Wrexham from Chester (which seems to be doing very well at the moment), to be greeted by 70 year old men singing and breakdancing in the bus station. I don’t like the defeatist attitude of some here, but I equally can’t stand this delusional “nothing is wrong” mentality. Yes, there’s worse places, but given the frighting speed of decline we’ll soon be giving them a run for their money.

It is depressing that almost every decision the council makes seems to be to the detriment of the town, but collectively we can do things to boost the town ourselves, one such thing is to support the businesses within the town centre that are actually worthwhile. Because once they’re gone, they’re gone, and will most likely be replaced by a pound shop or left as yet another vacant unit.

timpage
    Participant

Hello

It annoys me how much negativity there is about the place..

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Rare newts thriving after north east Wales pond restoration

News

Plans Submitted to Create Studio Flat Above Wrexham Fast Food Restaurant

News

Football Banning Order issued to Wrexham man for ‘pyro offences’

News

Ambulance Service ‘expecting the Bank Holiday period to be a busy one for us’

News

Reminder to check for Schools Essentials Grant before window closes at end of May

News

Wrexham AFC Women Awarded first UEFA License and FAW Tier 1 License renews for 2024/25 Season

News