Wrexham is a great town

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Wrexham is a great town

• Author

Matt
    Participant

Keyboard warrior: a person who makes abusive or aggressive posts on the Internet, typically one who conceals their true identity.

Nen
    Participant

[quote quote=147806]So you ask me about my views on Eastern Europeans and then have a go at me for being a Neanderthal???
    Who is being a judgmental racist now then?
    Wake up man and grow up !!![/quote]

Lol, Neanderthals are not a race, they’re a species! 😂

Idris
    Participant

My point of Eastern Europeans invading Wrexham and making a nuisance of themselves also extends to their help in draining the NHS.
    I present a Tweet on Wrexham.com from last night.

@CarleyEdwardsx
    16 hours ago

@wrexham
    13 ambulances outside a&e, patients on gurneys in corridors/round majors desk. My dad’s been in majors seriously ill since Sat night, waiting for bed on ward. Poor staff, being brill but running round like crazy. If anyone doesnt need to urgently go to a&e, please don’t.

Tell me that they do not clog up the hospitals and doctors!

Matt
    Participant

[quote quote=147847]My point of Eastern Europeans invading Wrexham and making a nuisance of themselves also extends to their help in draining the NHS.
    I present a Tweet on Wrexham.com from last night.

@CarleyEdwardsx
    16 hours ago
    @wrexham 13 ambulances outside a&e, patients on gurneys in corridors/round majors desk. My dad’s been in majors seriously ill since Sat night, waiting for bed on ward. Poor staff, being brill but running round like crazy. If anyone doesnt need to urgently go to a&e, please don’t.

Tell me that they do not clog up the hospitals and doctors![/quote]

Where does it state the ethnicity of the people who were waiting in the queue in A&E? Where do we draw the line on people not from the area not being welcome at the local A&E? Should the pesky English be allowed to use it across the border, what about our neighbours in Flintshire and Denbighshire? Where are we posing the cut off of the geographic origin of non-locals using our local NHS health services?

Also, what about the origins of the doctors and nurses who are actually treating staff – we are quite happy for people of different ethnicity and locations to save our lives and treat us, but turn the nose up when it comes to others different from us receiving treatment at our free at point of access National Health Service.

If someone from Eastern Europe (or anywhere else for that matter) is resident in Wrexham then they are entitled to the same healthcare as anyone else in the area. The vast majority of them pay their tax and council tax. They are paying for the running of the NHS. If we are complaining about clogging up for example, why should a British person on benefits not paying into the system be more entitled to access? Or perhaps those who self inflict and get treatment – e.g. smokers, alcoholics, drug abusers. How about the fact that we have an ageing population that need a higher level of care and health issues than others of working age or children. Of course it’s not the case that people are judged on their ability to pay into the system or how their health issues have been caused or their age demographic.

Also, I’m not sure what authority the original person had to Tweet that “If anyone doesnt need to urgently go to a&e, please don’t.” – Are they in a senior position at Betsi Cadwaladr or the Welsh Ambulance Service or another health services representative? No. How does she have any triage knowledge on who should or shouldn’t be coming to A&E. Someone could read that tweet, think their problem isn’t as serious and then leave it and then die. Don’t get me wrong, that is highly unlikely, but I don’t think it’s up to the families of patients to be handing out medical advice online and then it getting signal boosted by Wrexham.com (giving it authority and exposure). Although I think the main illustrative point of the retweet was how busy the Maelor was.

Idris
    Participant

Matt …..

Idris
    Participant

Matt : “If someone from Eastern Europe (or anywhere else for that matter) is resident in Wrexham then they are entitled to the same healthcare as anyone else in the area. The vast majority of them pay their tax and council tax. They are paying for the running of the NHS.”

Please give me the figures for this as I see loads of unruly troublemakers who I doubt add anything except to the policing bils.

Also Matt you need to get out and stop stalking posts on here. Open up those peepers and look out the window. None of it is good.

Matt
    Participant

Idris it is quite clear from your posts that we are not going to agree on the issue of various residents in the town. We’ve obviously had very different experiences. It is my experience that the Polish I have met in 3 different locations I’ve lived in, across Wrexham, have all been very polite and friendly as neighbours and helpful in the places of business I’ve met them.

I’m not entirely sure that questioning someone’s usage of a forum and response on a forum is very relevant in 2018 when it can be accessed on a smartphone from anywhere at any time. What I get up to in my own time is entirely my business and how I go about observing Wrexham is also my business and my experience. I’m going to post on here because I am interested in matters regarding Wrexham and this is where the best discussions and debates are held.
    If you say something I want to comment on, it’s going to happen, likewise if I saw something you said on Facebook or Twitter. Just as you have equal right to reply.

You will notice I have not called you any names, I am just interested in your point of view. But do tell me this honestly, if you think Wrexham really is such a bad place to live, why haven’t you considered moving elsewhere? Or what do you propose is taken place to help improve the town?

Council Watcher
    Participant

The reality is that without all of the nurses and Doctors and other staff working in the health and care sector that have come from a wide range of countries across the world then the system would be in a worse state than it is now.

You cannot magically create Doctors and nurses who all have a minimum of 3 – 6 years training – we actually have a looming crisis in Health and Social Care as many Eastern Europeans are now part of a reverse migration pathway and are leaving the country.

To see the impact of this just do a Google search on job vacancies in North East Wales in these categories and you will find vacancies that run into 100+. Do we have vast numbers of unemployed people with skills ready to take on these roles — no we don’t. Can we train the unemployed for the roles – highly unlikely as many of the unemployed are bordering on being unemployable for a wide range of issues.

What we are guilty of in this country is retaining the migrant workforce for our own ends when their own country may have a shortage of qualified staff.

Before anyone says we need less health staff if we had fewer migrants living in the area look at the figures and the larges % of attendees in the hospital is still the UK citizens. Migrant attendees as a % of total people in A & E is still below the % of migrants living in the area.

Idris
    Participant

The NHS is filled with oversea types because nobody in the UK wants to be paid crap money to do the job AND they do a really good job. I was in with my hip and have no complaints.

Eastern Europeans come over to do unskilled jobs that the lazy sods born in the UK do not want to do because they get more in benefits.

So when they no longer want the unskilled jobs and decide benefits is easier then the Eastern Europeans start hanging around town and the park drinking and causing trouble. They add to the problem of the UK druggies that flock into Wrexham because its an easy screw.

The Agencies started this problem by inviting everyone over and nobody will solve it because BREXIT is too late and too soft.

Why did Wrexham vote to EXIT? Was it because we don’t like EU Rules or the fishing thing? No, it was because we are becoming little Poland here in Wrexham and people are fed up of it.

dagg
    Participant

[quote quote=147891]The NHS is filled with oversea types because nobody in the UK wants to be paid crap money to do the job AND they do a really good job. I was in with my hip and have no complaints.

Eastern Europeans come over to do unskilled jobs that the lazy sods born in the UK do not want to do because they get more in benefits.

So when they no longer want the unskilled jobs and decide benefits is easier then the Eastern Europeans start hanging around town and the park drinking and causing trouble. They add to the problem of the UK druggies that flock into Wrexham because its an easy screw.

The Agencies started this problem by inviting everyone over and nobody will solve it because BREXIT is too late and too soft.

Why did Wrexham vote to EXIT? Was it because we don’t like EU Rules or the fishing thing? No, it was because we are becoming little Poland here in Wrexham and people are fed up of it.[/quote]

This makes it sound that people who voted Brexit are racist, I voted Brexit because I was fed up of the EU telling us what we can do and what we cannot do. I have relatives who are Polish and have worked with a Europeans some I count as friends.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

“Lots of Wrexham routes make perfect sense for review” – Ken Skates on 20 MPH

News

Eisteddfod proclamation on Saturday will be ‘full of colour’

News

“Constructive” meeting over odour complaints at Hafod landfill

News

Hundreds facing cancer treatment delays as waiting times hit second-worst on record

News

Thrilling new water park to waves in North Wales seaside town

News

Nationwide ban on wet wipes containing plastic set to be introduced

News