Wrexham Getting ‘Super Prison’

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Wrexham Getting ‘Super Prison’

• Author

wxm
    Participant

We still need a fully integrated economic and social plan for Wrexham that sets out the whole untrue of a stable Wrexham, and where a prison fits into that

BenjaminM
    Participant

To quote your own words Wxm…….’not wishing to be a bore’, I think after 7 or 8 posts on this thread stating that an integrated economic plan is required, I think you have got your point across several posts ago.
    I am sure we have all got the message, loud and clear.

wxm
    Participant

Excellent. As I haven’t seen any cohesive plan yet, and these threads demonstrate that the economic arguments been relied upon have not been updated since the first proposals and reports were produced, and debate is clearly going on week in week out in political circles. Plans that are dynamic and update real time are essential; especially so that further and higher education, and health, and other public services do not get swamped.

Eagles Meadow, however well intended to increase retail, split the town centre in half. Retailers say that the layout of retail is too disparate being in ‘bits & pieces’ from one side of town to the other. The shopper cannot easily get from one place to another, gets fed up, and moves on. The impact of any prison needs to be planned into the community, before we get another Eagles Meadow, and the wider consequential effects.

dewi73
    Participant

How many local jobs will be lost when the prison opens?
    BBC News – Viewpoints: Should prisoners have jobs?

dewi73
    Participant

Metalhead
    Participant

Perhaps this is the reason why we are going to need such a massive jail?

BBC News – Benefit fraud could lead to 10-year jail terms, says DPP

dewi73
    Participant

Can the ‘possibly’ be removed from the thread title? Surely its a done deal

Metalhead
    Participant

@dewi73 9230 wrote:

Can the ‘possibly’ be removed from the thread title? Surely its a done deal

Presume this proposal will need to go through the same planning process as any other, would it not? I would suspect there will be significant objection to it and any such objection would need to be considered before permission was granted.

What about ‘Wrexham Very Probably But Definitely Getting ‘Super Prison’? :)

Metalhead
    Participant

Missed out the word ‘not’ from the middle of the final sentence but can’t seem to edit posts anymore. Presume this is something to do with this vetting posts thing?

Iceman
    Participant

@Metalhead 9237 wrote:

Presume this proposal will need to go through the same planning process as any other, would it not? I would suspect there will be significant objection to it and any such objection would need to be considered before permission was granted.

What about ‘Wrexham Very Probably But Definitely Getting ‘Super Prison’? :)

I am sure that there will be some objections and ‘consultations’, just as there were with Capel Celyn before they flooded it to provide a better water supply for Liverpool. Trust me, the prison is coming.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

The topic ‘Wrexham Getting ‘Super Prison’’ is closed to new replies.

More...

Warning issued after ‘lithium battery’ causes fire at Wrexham recycling centre

News

Demand for Welsh courses ‘outstripping capacity’

News

New economy minister sets out his priorities for Wales

News

7 Facts You Should (or Shouldn’t) Go For a Ph.D.

News

Proposals submitted to turn Wrexham beauty salon into children’s home

News

Friends take on 45-mile ultramarathon to raise funds for mental health charity

News