Wrexham Food Festival

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Wrexham Food Festival

• Author

wrexview
    Participant

Good to see a banner advertising the up and coming event on the way in to Wrexham just off the Gresford roundabout on Chester Road. Should be a good couple of days. Hope the weather improves for it although much of it is under cover.

Liam
    Participant

While I was in London for Wrexham’s Wembley trip I visited the South Bank where they have some amazing street food stalls along with entertainers. So I was quite excited when I got back and saw an advert for the food festival. Not sure how viable it is but would love to see something similar to what they have on the South Bank in Wrexham on a regular basis. Admittedly you’ve already got a large potential audience in London, but done the right way I think it could attract a lot of people to the town.

wrexview
    Participant

The best ones seem to have a theme or competition . I have often wondered why the Wrexham Sausage Championship is not held during the food festival. The winner could be by a public vote!

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

We have a sausage championship? Had some very nice organic sausage recently with black pudding in them. They were very nice and no cereal or rubbish in them.

Rob
    Participant

Yes – sausage championship is very odd timing!

Nantwich and Chester have huge food festivals, with lots of local-to-wrexham companies getting involved. It would be great if the Wrexham version grows and grows.

It will be interesting to see if its got any bigger this year!

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

When is this sausage championship and where is it held? I have never heard of it.

Rob
    Participant

St Davids Day Parade Goes Through Town | Wrexham.com

“The prestigious ‘Wrexham Champion Sausage Competition’ will take place during tomorrow morning. The competition has become a firm favorite in the town’s calendar since 2008 and sees butchers from across the borough competing for the title of Wrexham’s champion sausage-maker! The results of the competition will be announced at around 1.30pm.”

So that would be March 2nd this year, a date renowned in the world of sausages! :)

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

I shall keep a look out around St. Davids’ day next year. I must admit I thought you were pulling my leg! Never too old to learn :)

Really enjoyed the Food Festival last year, well worth a trip. Had great weather for it so that definitely helped!

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

Apparently the future funding of such events might be hit by changes to the rules that state that 75% of producers must be Welsh. As a border county it may affect Wrexham as well as Mold. The article is from today’s online Daily Post.

http://www.olddailypostlink.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/mold-food-drink-festival-hit-3587227

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News

Off-road motorcyclists ‘using their bikes dangerously’ warned they ‘will be seized’

News