Wrexham FC

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Wrexham FC

• Author

oldboy744
    Participant

Hi everyone on Wxm.com. Been registered for a while but never felt need to post until now. Big congratulations to Wrexham FC. Been a fan for many years and thought they completely bossed the game and should have won it in normal time. Grimsby were obviously playing for penalties in the 2nd half and Wrexham maintained their professionalism to win. So pleased for all the fans who made the journey (alas, I did not) and wish them a safe (though not sober) return home.

Rondetto
    Participant

Quite agree, they’ve made history for Wrexham today and the entire town can be proud of them.

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

Fair play the lad was good and only 21 if the commentators are to be believed. If it wasn’t for him the score to Wrexham would have been greater.

Rondetto
    Participant

Any manager watching the game today would be seriously considering him for a team in one of the higher divisions.

Andy
    Participant

Well done the reds! Adrian Cieslewicz was outstanding! (Blinking Poles taking our jobs! ;-) Every time he got the ball did something good with it and was unlucky not to score. I hope Wrexham can keep him.
    Anyone else think the Penalty decision at 82min was a bit dubious?

You can watch again here
    S4/Clic Sgorio

Rondetto
    Participant

The penalty decision was border line, but saying that I think they should have had one earlier.
    The town is still awful to get around this morning, I nearly slipped a few times, the pavements are awful. There was a smash by the Border retail park as the traffic enters Mold road and merges.

Rondetto
    Participant

I wonder if the team will have some sort of official recognition in town this week.

Rondetto
    Participant

A quote from Wrexham mayor Ian Roberts says they are considering a special welcome for the team:

“The whole town receives a massive boost when the football club does well and I would like to congratulate everyone involved with the club on this success.

“With the club going strong in the league as well hopefully this will not be the only piece of silverware that comes Wrexham’s way this season.

“Wrexham council is currently considering plans for a celebration event for the club and its supporters.”

Rondetto
    Participant

Just seen live pictures from the Racecourse on BBC Wales tv, they seemed surprised at how much snow we’ve had, the reporter said it was more like being in the French alps.
    I sometimes wonder If they know we exist in North Wales, all they seem to show is Cardiff on tv.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Rare newts thriving after north east Wales pond restoration

News

Plans Submitted to Create Studio Flat Above Wrexham Fast Food Restaurant

News

Football Banning Order issued to Wrexham man for ‘pyro offences’

News

Ambulance Service ‘expecting the Bank Holiday period to be a busy one for us’

News

Reminder to check for Schools Essentials Grant before window closes at end of May

News

Wrexham AFC Women Awarded first UEFA License and FAW Tier 1 License renews for 2024/25 Season

News