Wrexham Councillor quits Labour Party

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Wrexham Councillor quits Labour Party

• Author

Daave63
    Participant

Another Wrexham Councillor has decided to quit Labour, choosing today to become Independent.

Not my favourite field politics, but shouldn’t the councillor resign from office and stand again at a by-election?

Voters who are bothered may have voted for him as Labour candidate, so shouldn’t he let the electorate decide, or doesn’t that matter these days?

Interested
    Participant

Just looked at Councillor attendances. Does this Councillor actually go to meetings? I’m with Dave, should step down and put it to the people of Llay. Reading the Leader Mark Pritchard says he is an excellent Councillor. How can that be if he is never there??

Captain C
    Participant

With his health problems over the last year he has missed a lot of meetings but the man works flat out for the village of Llay and is a credit to County Councilors in the Wrexham area.

This close to the elections he does not have to stand down and I believe in local elections you should vote for the man (or woman) and not the party.

Interested
    Participant

I might agree Captain C but over heard in the housing office of this Councillor just returning from an extended holiday abroad. His ailments obviously don’t extend to flights and beach! I read on the Wrexham.Com story he’s had a bad leg?? Must have strange tan lines. But that’s gossip from housing offices. Can’t be true surely…

Pinky02
    Participant

I agree Captain C, Cllr Boland is an asset to Llay. We have had some poor councillors in recent years from different parties. As we saw in the local election last year, people are now voting for the best person to represent our village, regardless of what party they represent.

Liam
    Participant

Last one to leave the Labour Party please switch the lights off.

Captain C
    Participant

His so called extended holiday was when his wife took ill and they could not fly home. Please check facts and not listen to gossip in the housing office. As I said before Terry Boland is a worker with his heart in the right place with respect to Llay and Wrexham.

Interested
    Participant

Benefit of the Internet means you can look back at attendances. This guy is historically very, very poor at turning up. He doesn’t even give apologies on occasions. I think an FOI should be submitted by Wrexham.Com to find out what value for money we get. Are there rules whereby a Councillor can get stripped of their position for not attending a certain amount? After the vote on Executive Salaries and this guy dodging a bullet(according to today’s Leader) all Councillors need to be justifying their salaries.

Oh! And Captain C thanks for confirming the holiday. Nice to be in a job where you can take long holidays. I get 6 weeks a year. Councillor Boland gets?? Captain C?

Interested
    Participant

To be honest it’s sad but I’m that miffed by this Councillors attendance I am going to put in an FOI to see what the attendance has been like over the past term. I have to go to work everyday, rain or shine. Why should tax payers allow someone to have a tax payers holiday? Are Councillors restricted to 6 weeks holiday a year? The Council employees will be!

Daave63
    Participant

My original point of this thread was to highlight the fact that someone in an elected position can suddenly change colours but stay in post, just seems a bit of an insult to the electorate.
    I mean, it would be a bit like Donny Trumper becoming President of Americee and then suddenly changing into a normal, sensible person!
    I do agree however with Inter’s point regarding Councillors attendance, but it should be for all not just Cllr. Bolland.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Opportunity knocks for Wrexham brewery at major trade show

News

Man taken to hospital after incident at Brymbo property

News

Wrexham shoplifter jailed after city centre offences

News

Wrexham to take on Vancouver White Caps in ‘Wrex Coast Tour’

News

National Playday returning to Wrexham for a fun-filled day of activities!

News

Apartment plans for former Johnstown shop

News