Wrexham Council to re-advertise for Chief Executive position

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Wrexham Council to re-advertise for Chief Executive position

• Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well, I am going to apply – I will do it for nothing, so that’s the first £300K saved. Firstly, Ty Pawb would be scrapped and another £4.5 million saved and its annual £250k running costs. Ty Pawb would become an Indoor Skate Park, Rollers Blade Track and possibly an indoor Velodrome with cafés etc – This would generate £500k and would be poplar with all ages unlike the current, minority interest, proposals for Ty Pawb. Next, no new houses to be approved by the Planning Department until services, Hospital, Ambulance, Doctors, Dentists, Roads & Schools are improved to match our current population – You will then only need one or two planners so another £500K in savings. This job is so easy ! Already, I have saved £6 million, no need to increase the council tax this year, no need for country park charges for able and disabled – No need for the useless councillors and their costly I Pads and cases (another £30k saved at a stroke) – And, more importantly, these views represent the aspirations of the majority of constituents. Vote The Councillors Out.

dagg
    Participant

You got my vote.

Liz Jackson
    Participant

Can one of the Council Member readers of these threads confirm that Lee Robinson Strategic Director has now been appointed as interim Chief Executive?
    If so does this mean Clair Field the other Strategic Director is now in the frame or is about to leave Wrexham as she had taken over the role as the interim after the last Chief Executive left?

Are we moving towards an internal appointment!

R T
    Keymaster

[quote quote=143813]Can one of the Council Member readers of these threads confirm that Lee Robinson Strategic Director has now been appointed as interim Chief Executive?
    If so does this mean Clair Field the other Strategic Director is now in the frame or is about to leave Wrexham as she had taken over the role as the interim after the last Chief Executive left?

Are we moving towards an internal appointment![/quote]

Further to a tweet that referenced something connected as it was announced in a meeting we were live tweeting https://twitter.com/wrexham/status/950690989504647168

We queried on that and were told Clare Field is acting Chief Executive until March – basically it seems he was standing in for that meeting.

Liz Jackson
    Participant

Thanks for clarity

michael hunt
    Participant

Council Leader Mark Pritchard’s said in his opinion “If we just put an advertise locally within the Wrexham Leader or on Wrexham.com, obviously we wouldn’t get the right calibre of individual.

“I meant it when I said if we advertised locally we certainly wouldn’t get the right individual. That’s why we cast our nets wide.”

It is now 5 months since helen whatshename left the council and in that intervening period WCBC has been controlled by Clare Field, who if Mark Pritchards reasoning is correct, is not the right calibre for the job. What a ringing endorsement.
    I have to confess that I havent noticed any difference whatsoever. the transition has been smoother than a david bithel twatter post. Maybe the job doesn’t need to be filled? it seems to me that all the power is held by dumb and dumber – pritchard & bithel and the supporting cast of village idiots on the executive board.

why appoint a chief executive when the real power is held by a bunch of half wits?

Anonymous
    Inactive

“why appoint a chief executive when the real power is held by a bunch of half wits?”

I think you’re being a bit generous with the “half” !

Matt
    Participant

[quote quote=143819]Council Leader Mark Pritchard’s said in his opinion “If we just put an advertise locally within the Wrexham Leader or on Wrexham.com, obviously we wouldn’t get the right calibre of individual.
    [/quote]

I interpret this again at his Royal Pritchardness taking another direct potshot at critics, specifically those who have a dig at him by writing into the Leader or criticise the leadership on Wrexham.com, either on the Facebook comments or on here. Those pesky political activists eh…

Other than 796 goons in Esclusham Ward, I’m not sure many other people across all of Wrexham deem him to be the right calibre of individual. It’s easy enough to be the local hero in the local ward but I’ve yet to hear anything positive about his overall performance playing at leaders of Wrexham.

Perhaps the reason no-one wants the job is because of the awful shower they’d have to work with. It’s not like they can step in at the top and start firing bad councillors, like they would piss poor directors in a private or public corporate environment.

Liz Jackson
    Participant

Don’t forget that there were two other ‘senior’ officers from Wrexham Council who applied and were deemed unacceptable.

jimbow
    Participant

[quote quote=143825]

Perhaps the reason no-one wants the job is because of the awful shower they’d have to work with. It’s not like they can step in at the top and start firing bad councillors, like they would piss poor directors in a private or public corporate environment.[/quote]

I do recall some years ago the then Leader of the Council Neil Rogers , dismissed one Lead Member.
    We are never going to get any change at the top as Pritchard is head of the Independent Group whilst Bithell is head of the other Independent Group. The two , tell their servants who to support and its bobs your uncle.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wrexham Council set to decide on 20mph ‘adjustments’ which ‘begin from September’

News

Wales’ fire authorities lack accountability amid harassment allegations, Senedd hears

News

Closure plan for Welshpool and Caernarfon Air Ambulance bases confirmed – with new base planned for ‘middle of North Wales’

News

Trading Standards warning over Facebook user “fraudulently advertising events locally”

News

The Ultimate Guide to Nickelodeon Resort Punta Cana

News

The Essential Guide to User Acceptance Testing (UAT)

News