Wrexham Council Houses

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Wrexham Council Houses

• Author

wrexview
    Participant

Over four hundred empty houses almost double the number last year. How do they organise the upgrade and redecoration of these homes? Do they concentrate on a few at a time making sure there is a steady stream becoming ready for re letting or are they working on a huge number at a time meaning nothing is getting finished , hence the large number left empty this year?

AMA Express
    Participant

Probably.

stu1963
    Participant

its the latter there is flats by me been empty for months

wrexview
    Participant

Perhaps Councillors should take a keener interest in the time lapse between homes becoming empty and being re-let.

jimbow
    Participant

[quote quote=170948]Perhaps Councillors should take a keener interest in the time lapse between homes becoming empty and being re-let.[/quote]

Perhaps Councillors should take a walk around their wards more often. They may well find other problems, but there again, maybe they don’t want any problems.

WreX-iT
    Participant

The Council should stop providing Council houses. Lets face it they are giving them out to people from abroad now when they should be giving them to people from here first.

If i went to portugal or poland and said to them that i want a house do you think they will say YES SIR HAVE A NICE HOUSE. We have just decorated it for you and done the gardens well tidy. And while you are livin here you can have lots of free medical treatment and medicine? PS would you like some benefits too?

[There are approximately 900,000 Polish nationals living in Britain, the largest group of foreign nationals in the UK, and Polish is the second most widely spoken language in Britain after English]

The council should let the private sector provide all housing and put a cap on rent to stop people being ripped off.

i know Tenant ballot in 2004 was against stock transfer but they should have another referendum (sound familiar?) Also back then the people living in the houses were mostly from THIS country.

WreX-iT
    Participant

That wasn’t meant to read as racist it is just that i have friends on waiting lists but they never get to the top and cant afford to pay private rent prices.

Sheefag
    Participant

To be fair to the Poles, they’ve added a few sorely needed inches to the local gene pool.

The unbearable alternative would be for the town to be over-run with the likes of Jackos.

See, not so bad now is it?

cmaj76
    Participant

[There are approximately 900,000 Polish nationals living in Britain, the largest group of foreign nationals in the UK, and Polish is the second most widely spoken language in Britain after English]

Polish is not the 2nd most spoken language in the UK but don’t let that get in the way of a good rant.

DerekJackson
    Participant

It is quite extrodinary that someone has stated that Polish people get houses quicker than British nationals/local people. This is totally untrue as nationality is not a criteria for allocation of a council house. If anyone has evidence of this then they should report it to the Ombudsman but I imagine that his inbox will not fill up soon.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

What to expect with new first minister set to be appointed and cabinet reshuffle on the horizon

News

Updated: Firefighters called to incident at Bryn Lane recycling centre

News

Wrexham Council first in north Wales to install men’s sanitary bins in public toilets

News

Former Debenhams store in Wrexham could become trampoline park

News

Video: Wrexham market’s historic secrets are being uncovered amid refurb

News

Competition watchdog launches investigation into £2.5 billion merger between Flintshire based Redrow and Barratt

News