Wrexham Council has been accused of “keeping bus users in the dark”

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Wrexham Council has been accused of “keeping bus users in the dark”

• Author

Council Watcher
    Participant

The legislation for Municioles has been destructive but ways around it have been places like Salford where they brought all of their community-owned transport =assets into a pooled service arrangement, developed training for mechanics and added value around — they have moved from an oldish fleet of vehicles to one with hardly anything over three years.
    Newer vehicles can often mean more usage, equally more income/ profits for plowing back into the community. You can even hire mopeds of you are a youngster just starting work and need transport.

It works elsewhere but is ignored in Wrexham.

DEREK FISHER
    Participant

Nen, how do we know anyone that’s on this site is not in office??? Now there’ food for thought, which then raises are politics being played? I’m sure it was on this forum that someone had raised a similar question regarding the amount of knowledge the person knew, they were of course using a pseudonym it transpired that they were an actual Plaid Cymru serving Councillor, very sneaky indeed. Mind you Nen that doesn’t surprise me in the least.

Matt
    Participant

[quote quote=143244]Nen, how do we know anyone that’s on this site is not in office??? Now there’ food for thought, which then raises are politics being played? I’m sure it was on this forum that someone had raised a similar question regarding the amount of knowledge the person knew, they were of course using a pseudonym it transpired that they were an actual Plaid Cymru serving Councillor, very sneaky indeed. Mind you Nen that doesn’t surprise me in the least.[/quote]

Thanks for the comment Nen, greatly appreciated. Hah, Derek I can assure you I’d love to be in any kind of office where I could stir up more trouble than I currently can from the comfort of the internet. There are quite a few knowledgeable folk on this forum, which is why I like to comment on here rather than on The Wrexham.com Facebook comments, which is the intellectual equivalent of waking up in an ice tub in a strange foreign hotel room with both of your kidneys stolen – you must have made a regrettable decision to be there.

I know there are lots of councillor lurkers who read the forums only and a few ex-councillors who post. However, any actual councillors posting incognito would surely gain more respect by letting us know who they are. Like what do they have to hide? They got voted in as part of a first-past-the-post popularity voting system, so any positive views for change, actual genuine explanations as to why certain decisions are being made at Executive Board and Full Council level would increase their social standing in my view, even if people didn’t necessarily agree with their views or decisions. Or even any half-pretending to listen to local views and boosting public engagement would restore some kind of trust in local politics.

It would sure beat the hell out of the current set-up of Clr Pritchard casting his aspersions via the arcane scrolls of The Leader assuring everyone that all criticism laid at their door is just noisy political activists and not the good old silent majority of Wrexham who wouldn’t dare speak out of turn, move on nothing to see here. You couple this with Clr Jones complete failure to understand why people are doing something around Wrexham that he doesn’t like and his increasingly loud pleas to tell them not to do it falling on deaf ears (do not feed the homeless). Then you have Clr Evans who is supposed to be responsible for bringing in people into Wrexham to spend money shouting at the crime Commissioner on Twitter for all to see about how bad he thinks the town centre is, in terms of a place to go.

I think I have gone suitably off-topic now. I would actually like to know if there is a long term transport strategy in place and what is going to happen to bus provision across the county over the next 5 years.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Proposals submitted to turn Wrexham beauty salon into children’s home

News

Friends take on 45-mile ultramarathon to raise funds for mental health charity

News

Three arrested over ‘intent to supply Class B drugs’

News

16 year old charged with range of driving offences in Rhos

News

A view from Wrexham’s Member of Parliament

News

Wrexham University announce Professor Joe Yates as new Vice-Chancellor