Wrexham Council Declares War On Residents 3 Week Bin Collections

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Wrexham Council Declares War On Residents 3 Week Bin Collections

• Author

Matt
    Participant

Changing to three weekly bin collections will save the council £47,000. Opening up the Guildhall Councillor’s Car park to the public seven days a week would create income to match that. Not to mention the £22,000 spent on the unnecessary resurfacing of that car park!

£47,000 a year is that it? Surely with thousands of households paying in council tax – that could be factored as an increase in the council tax. Spread out across the whole county that’s just a few quid each surely. Would rather swallow a small collective cost than have smelly bins and rats everywhere.

wrexview
    Participant

Flintshire Leader reporting fly tipping affecting Flintshire school, not surprising when you only have 40% paying for a green bin to be emptied. Wonder what level fly tipping in Wrexham would reach with three weekly bin collections?

Councillor X
    Councillor X
    Participant

Call me an old fart but I can remember when we had bins and the bin men used to take our bin bags once a week. That seemed to work ok.

Me and Mrs councillor X manage to fill our black bin in two weeks and it’s only me and her. Three week collections would be a bad move.

A hero is someone who understands the responsibility that comes with his freedom.

AMA Express
    AMA Express
    Participant

Have you tried getting Mrs Councillor X to stand in the bin and jump up and down ?

Or are those bruises just the norm ?

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by AMA Express AMA Express.

TimRegency
    Participant

I suppose there’s no harm in mentioning that they will take those wide plastic food trays with the plastic bottles now. Frees up a bit of bin space, but not likely a week’s worth.

Councillor X
    Councillor X
    Participant

Have you tried getting Mrs Councillor X to stand in the bin and jump up and down ?

Or are those bruises just the norm ?

We tried her standing in the bin but the bin men refused to take her!

A hero is someone who understands the responsibility that comes with his freedom.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.