Wrexham Council building on Greenbelt and School Fields

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Wrexham Council building on Greenbelt and School Fields

• Author

feedshallow
    Participant

[quote quote=110984]Apart from anything else where is the industry? Where are the inhabitants of these new properties going to work? Wrexham, the largest? town in North Wales hasn’t even got a direct rail link to the capital city.

[/quote]
    What utter tosh. I think you’ll find the 18.40 today is a direct rail link. It’s gets into Cardiff Central at 21.45.

Liz Jackson
    Participant

A key element of the issue of needing moire houses is that we are a rapidly ageing population and the number of over 70’s in 10 years time will mean that we need a major influx of ‘workers’ just to keep the existing services and businesses operating at the current level. Very limited building however for smaller homes suitable for retirees.

Sheefag
    Participant

Much better chance of gaining City status if a town is City sized.

zinger
    Participant

The baby boomers are already in their 70’s or fast approaching it & many of them still working in one form or another. Ten years down the line we will be building ever more houses to accommodate another influx of people to look after the ones that we are importing now.

The Monitor
    Participant

Who decides on the areas to developed and how many houses are to be built on those individual areas. NOT the councillors… they do not have the knowledge to decide. Again, it is the hidden from view, paid officers. It is high time they were called to open public interview! It is high time THEY were exposed to public scrutiny.

zinger
    Participant

It isn’t just Wrexham. It is the whole of the North West apart from perhaps Cheshire. Someone on the TV recently asked how many houses were being built in the Cotswolds. Thank goodness that we have mountains.

BenjaminM
    Participant

Two direct quotes taken directly from Monitor’s recent posts.

“I wonder how much of the undemocratic decisions and motivation comes from non elected Officers……it is very illuminating and clearly demonstrates the influence of the non elected.”

“Who decides on areas to be developed….NOT the Councillors…..they do not have the knowledge to decide”

Come on Monitor. Make your mind up time! Which is it to be? Either they provide input or not, it cannot be both ways.

I too have observed the meetings and have been dismayed on many occasions about the lack of understanding of topics under discussion, clearly demonstrated by some of the questions posed. That is aside from the demonstrable body language from many elected members who would appear to rather be anywhere other than in the Council chamber.

I tell you quite clearly and categorically, I would rather follow the advice given by Officers based on their experience and expertise rather than a decision made by Councillors purely following the party whip, or what the member for a particular ward desires (irrespective of the fact that what he/she wants is in contradiction with the opinion of its’ residents).

you question whether Councillors understand the meaning of the term democracy. i think that a more appropriate question would be, do they understand?.

without the input of Officers, I am totally convinced that, left to their own devices, Councillors would if given the brief to design a horse, would undoubtedly come up with the proverbial camel.

The Monitor
    Participant

[quote quote=111053]Two direct quotes taken directly from Monitor’s recent posts.

“I wonder how much of the undemocratic decisions and motivation comes from non elected Officers……it is very illuminating and clearly demonstrates the influence of the non elected.”

“Who decides on areas to be developed….NOT the Councillors…..they do not have the knowledge to decide”

Come on Monitor. Make your mind up time! Which is it to be? Either they provide input or not, it cannot be both ways.

I too have observed the meetings and have been dismayed on many occasions about the lack of understanding of topics under discussion, clearly demonstrated by some of the questions posed. That is aside from the demonstrable body language from many elected members who would appear to rather be anywhere other than in the Council chamber.

I tell you quite clearly and categorically, I would rather follow the advice given by Officers based on their experience and expertise rather than a decision made by Councillors purely following the party whip, or what the member for a particular ward desires (irrespective of the fact that what he/she wants is in contradiction with the opinion of its’ residents).

you question whether Councillors understand the meaning of the term democracy. i think that a more appropriate question would be, do they understand?.

without the input of Officers, I am totally convinced that, left to their own devices, Councillors would if given the brief to design a horse, would undoubtedly come up with the proverbial camel.

[/quote]

[quote quote=111053]Two direct quotes taken directly from Monitor’s recent posts.

[/quote]

Read the posts carefully again. They actually mean the same.
    I am not here to argue, but simply to draw attention to matters that concern me and should concern others. It is sad that more of the WCBC electorate do not read these forums. I suppose we should be glad that at least a number of concerned denizens of Wrexham do so.

Sheefag
    Participant

If only there was some democratic process that would allow more talented candidates to take over from the dishonest and inept incumbents who have occupied these posts for so long.

Daave63
    Participant

Its an a local erection She, don’t correct me, cause it’s one big cock-up!!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Level crossing safety plea to North Wales holidaymakers this Easter

News

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News