Wrexham.com – keep up your questioning of the Council

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Wrexham.com – keep up your questioning of the Council

• Author

Council Watcher
    Participant

Rob reading your article about the FOI and the Council member and officer reaction is a disgrace on their side= the Council Members and leading officers must have been on ducking and diving courses as they rarely give straight answers and when someone questions them they try and change the focus onto the questioner being a trouble maker. The way they have had meetings in darkened rooms make decisions and then still don’t tell the traders till the last minute is unbelievable.
    With this kind of attitude then surely it is starting to look like a project that is doomed. Have you been able to find anything about when they are forming a Trust- if this is still the way forward? I am sure if they select the Board members they will be people who they know won’t ask questions.

wrexview
    Participant

It is worrying that the Council were not on top of health and safety in the People’s Market either.

LW4Groves
    Participant

In order to give viewers the whole picture it is important that issues are viewed from all angles. I am very pleased that the Executive Board is being questioned simply because it gives us a broader picture of what is really happening behind closed doors. The leaders of our current council tend to obfuscated details of various important decisions. In my opinion the concept of an open and transparent government in Wrexham is largely ignored.

Thanks Rob, keep looking at the whole picture. The town of Wrexham thanks you for it.

wrexview
    Participant

“The Legal Officer pointed out the minutes are not meant to be a full meeting report, rather give a reasonable overview of the meeting.”

When you have a Legal Officer making remarks like the one above, taken from the Executive Board today, you get an insight into how Wrexham Council operates. In a few months we will have a new Council , hopefully one of the first things they will do is make sure all meetings, including so called “workshops” are accurately minuted with a “full record ” of what is said and decisions taken.

BenjaminM
    Participant

ONCE AGAIN wrexham you have rushed your fingers to the keyboard without actually engaging any other part of your anatomy.
    The Legal Ofiicer is perfectly correct in his definition of what minutes should contain. It is a summary, recording the most important features and decisions of the meeting. Minutes are never meant to be florid or poetic, or indeed record every conversation that takes place during a meeting – they are to record the salient points.
    I look forward to reading your posts, they put a smile on my face and help me realise that some people know even less than me.

MP1953
    Participant

BenjaminM

I think Cymrodor is correct in that from another thread :- It can’t be that you’re actually a councillor yourself scared of losing your cosy little side earner to someone with their feet firmly on the ground and willing and able to do a better job for less?

as you are constantly backing up what the council do on most occasions !!!

BenjaminM
    Participant

[quote quote=125597]BenjaminM

I think Cymrodor is correct in that from another thread :- It can’t be that you’re actually a councillor yourself scared of losing your cosy little side earner to someone with their feet firmly on the ground and willing and able to do a better job for less?

[/quote]

MP 1953. For clarification and the elimination of doubt, I am not and never have been a LA Councillor.
    Now that is out of the way, I have been critical of the Council (specifically Councillors) on many occasions, but in the interest of fairness, I will not hesitate to comment on ill founded, ill informed comments that display unequivocally, a complete lack of understanding of the subject matter.
    In this particular instance, wrexview’s comments were particularly inaccurate and displayed a total lack of understanding of what minutes are and for.
    My knowledge base extends somewhat further than what I am spoon fed by Wrexham.com and am not prone to making ill informed conjecture purporting it to be fact. I include you also within that category.

MP1953
    Participant

[quote quote=125603]

BenjaminM

MP 1953. For clarification and the elimination of doubt, I am not and never have been a LA Councillor.
    Now that is out of the way, I have been critical of the Council (specifically Councillors) on many occasions, but in the interest of fairness, I will not hesitate to comment on ill founded, ill informed comments that display unequivocally, a complete lack of understanding of the subject matter.
    In this particular instance, wrexview’s comments were particularly inaccurate and displayed a total lack of understanding of what minutes are and for.
    My knowledge base extends somewhat further than what I am spoon fed by Wrexham.com and am not prone to making ill informed conjecture purporting it to be fact. I include you also within that category.

[/quote]

BenjaminM There are only one or two on this forum that elude to the fact that they are always right. I include you within that category :)

wrexview
    Participant

Just for information if you look at some of the old Council Minutes they were far more detailed than now, they included such items as the actual monthly income from the car parks and the payments received from the outdoor market.Such information now would be called “commercially sensitive” and only included in the annual accounts which list large sums of money under broad categories. We will need to be extra careful this year not to miss the dates of when the public can view the accounts , missed it last year as they changed it from the usual dates.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wrexham Council set to decide on 20mph ‘adjustments’ which ‘begin from September’

News

Wales’ fire authorities lack accountability amid harassment allegations, Senedd hears

News

Closure plan for Welshpool and Caernarfon Air Ambulance bases confirmed – with new base planned for ‘middle of North Wales’

News

Trading Standards warning over Facebook user “fraudulently advertising events locally”

News

The Ultimate Guide to Nickelodeon Resort Punta Cana

News

The Essential Guide to User Acceptance Testing (UAT)

News