Wrexham Anti-Child Abuse event cancelled

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Wrexham Anti-Child Abuse event cancelled

• Author

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

It should never have gone away. These children were amongst the most vulerable, parentless and preyed on by those entrusted with their care. I don’t care who was involved, if it can be proved they are guilty they should be punished. I truly abhore the exploitation of children. It makes me angry and that takes some doing.

What is Palial?

jamie-jbit
    Participant

Palial is the new investigation/re-investigation into historic sexual abuse in north Wales, it is not limited to care homes and is being run by officers from forces outside of north Wales. Some survivors I have spoke to are confident they are doing a thorough job, others aren’t.

Interestingly, the etymology of Palial is this:

Etymology of the Portuguese word palial

derived from the Latin word pallium (cloak; cover, coverlet; Greek cloak)

This has raised a few eyebrows with survivors …

thewayneinspain
    Participant
    jamie-jbit;5819 wrote:
    Palial is the new investigation/re-investigation into historic sexual abuse in north Wales, it is not limited to care homes and is being run by officers from forces outside of north Wales. Some survivors I have spoke to are confident they are doing a thorough job, others aren’t.

Interestingly, the etymology of Palial is this:

Etymology of the Portuguese word palial

derived from the Latin word pallium (cloak; cover, coverlet; Greek cloak)

This has raised a few eyebrows with survivors …

Okay currently studying portuguese. errr nope, no it doesn’t.

As far as i’m aware there is no such portuguese word as palial. It’s sounds hindu or tamil to me.

Just checked. just like spanish, cover/cloak is a derivative of cubrir or pronounced with portuguese accent cobrir

jamie-jbit
    Participant

It was known to mean cloak or cover according to someone involved in the investigation. I knew this long before I did this post. The link I found yesterday here

myEtymology.com: Portuguese etymology of palial

Was the online version of what I had heard from various sources.

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

Let us hope it means a thorough coverage and not another cover up.

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

jamie-jbit
    Participant

Lets hope thats a good sign and not just another ‘throw one minor cog under the bus and hope everyone forgets about it’ type of arrest.

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

From today’s online Daily Post. Let us hope the truth come out of this inquiry.

Keith Gregory’s relief that child abuse claims from Bryn Estyn are now being believed – North Wales Weekly News

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Almost one in five people in Wales waiting to start NHS treatment

News

Wales Transport Secretary calls for targeted 20mph zones near schools and hospitals

News

Airbnb expansion exacerbates housing woes for ex-offenders in Wrexham as Rob & Ryan dodge blame

News

Friends and Wrexham AFC fans taking on walking challenge for Dynamic

News

North Wales Minister role branded as “tokenistic” by Plaid Cymru MS

News

Number of Welsh 18-year-olds enrolling at Wrexham University “down 5 per cent this year”

News