Wrexham and the Polish Community

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Wrexham and the Polish Community

• Author

Rob
    Participant

This evening we were doing some polish related tweets due to the Euros when we had a tweet in saying we ‘made a mistake’ by doing so.

on @wrexham we said:
    “Wrexham has a rich history with Poland so are you supporting them tonight in the Euros? We are twined with Racibórz in Poland …… plus many Free Polish armed forces who had been injured in World War 2 received treatment at Penley Polish Hospital!”

After asking if we were right to tweet about it we had a mix of replies:

most Polish folk that came to Wrexham worked hard! If only some of the locals had the same mindset the town would be better for it.

I had a polish neighbour that wanted a 3 bedroom house for free and told me to get it he would get his wife pregnant! …and he did get a nice house for nothing in a nice area!!!! … Not like me but it happened :-(

How dare they come over here and actually work! And no they don’t take all the houses. Myth.

There are plenty of houses in Wrexham! you’ve just gotta work for them and not expect one given too you.

I also know local Welsh people that have done that. Most Polish people over here have jobs and work hard

I work with a lot of polish people. Full time day jobs, agency night jobs. How is that fair? Taking jobs away from us.

and

Polish are ace! Was out drinking with polish people last weekend, a right laff! Great people.

couldn’t care less about the polish, if they respect us there is no problem, its the ” we are polish we do what we want” that sucks

What is your view on this?

justjojo2011
    Participant

@Rob 1219 wrote:

This evening we were doing some polish related tweets due to the Euros when we had a tweet in saying we ‘made a mistake’ by doing so.

on @wrexham we said:
    “Wrexham has a rich history with Poland so are you supporting them tonight in the Euros? We are twined with Racibórz in Poland …… plus many Free Polish armed forces who had been injured in World War 2 received treatment at Penley Polish Hospital!”

After asking if we were right to tweet about it we had a mix of replies:

most Polish folk that came to Wrexham worked hard! If only some of the locals had the same mindset the town would be better for it.

I had a polish neighbour that wanted a 3 bedroom house for free and told me to get it he would get his wife pregnant! …and he did get a nice house for nothing in a nice area!!!! … Not like me but it happened :-(

How dare they come over here and actually work! And no they don’t take all the houses. Myth.

There are plenty of houses in Wrexham! you’ve just gotta work for them and not expect one given too you.

I also know local Welsh people that have done that. Most Polish people over here have jobs and work hard

I work with a lot of polish people. Full time day jobs, agency night jobs. How is that fair? Taking jobs away from us.

and

Polish are ace! Was out drinking with polish people last weekend, a right laff! Great people.

couldn’t care less about the polish, if they respect us there is no problem, its the ” we are polish we do what we want” that sucks

What is your view on this?

My view is that I am disgusted with the racism against Polish people. I hate the fact that there are some people in this world who think anyone who ISN’T from this country must be on the take. I dare those people to take a walk down the job centre and see how many locals are there with a spliff in one hand, a can of cider in the other, and their giro in the back pocket. There are plenty of locals who get it all and it pisses me off that immigrants in this country get the backlash for everything

joey
    Participant

People complain the pols take all the jobs, but would you see half the people from wrexham working for next to nothing in places like the slaughter houses? If people really wanted a job they’d do the training to try and get one.. loads of jobs going in wrexham if you look on the internet from teachers to mechanical engineers. just depends how much you really want it..

barryjarvis
    Participant

I firmly believe that the majority of people (all over the country, not just wrexham) don’t have a problem with Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Asian, etc

Instead, it seems to be the minority who somehow manage to get themselves heard and make out the whole world is against them, and that their own local councils are not treating them fairly – instead giving everything to the foreigners.

The way I look at it is this… when I’m in the local supermarkets, I see a high % of foreign people. They keep themselves to themselves, get on with things.
    When I’m in the centre of town in the middle of the day, who is it that I see with kids in tow, shouting, smoking, drinking, generally being ‘anti-social’ ??
    That’s right, it’s the Wrexham locals, the ‘born and bread’.

Sometimes, I’m actually quite embarrassed to say I’m from Wrexham.
    There will always be race issues in and around Wrexham whilst we have kids being brought up by mindless, work-shy, uneducated, benefit loving tramps, who believe unless you have a Welsh dragon tattoo’d somewhere on your body you don’t belong.

It reminds of the same mindless hooliganism that goes on in football.

rant over :)

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Almost one in five people in Wales waiting to start NHS treatment

News

Wales Transport Secretary calls for targeted 20mph zones near schools and hospitals

News

Airbnb expansion exacerbates housing woes for ex-offenders in Wrexham as Rob & Ryan dodge blame

News

Friends and Wrexham AFC fans taking on walking challenge for Dynamic

News

North Wales Minister role branded as “tokenistic” by Plaid Cymru MS

News

Number of Welsh 18-year-olds enrolling at Wrexham University “down 5 per cent this year”

News