Wot! no news

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Wot! no news

• Author

zinger
    Participant

I miss you folks putting the world to rights, where are you?

DR
    Participant

Been busy sorting some new things for the website, however no fear! It’s back to business as usual and the world will be put to rights :D

Iceman
    Participant

@darryl 10276 wrote:

Been busy sorting some new things for the website, however no fear! It’s back to business as usual and the world will be put to rights :D

Oh no it won’t ……….. well, it is the panto season.

Rob
    Participant

The other thing to note is this week has been an unusual one as some meetings attended have been several hours long – sometimes each, and thus the lengthy output:

2225 (yes two thousand word!) report on library cuts Committee Votes Against Closure Of Three Wrexham Libraries | Wrexham.com

1258 word report on council cuts part 1 Massive Council Cuts Consultation Begins | Wrexham.com

965 word Town Centre Forum report, November Town Centre Forum Round Up | Wrexham.com

This is ignoring the ‘preview’ bits we do Community Centres Future To Be Debated | Wrexham.com – which incidentally we do based off reading the reports and linking to them rather than say another method which means just ringing and getting a quote from the local councillor and not alot more ;)

Sadly not all are as read as more trivial things – however we think its important to cover such things and do the job properly not just to let people know whats going on, but as a reference for future stuff.

Liam
    Participant

@Rob 10281 wrote:

This is ignoring the ‘preview’ bits we do Community Centres Future To Be Debated | Wrexham.com – which incidentally we do based off reading the reports and linking to them rather than say another method which means just ringing and getting a quote from the local councillor and not alot more ;)

Sadly not all are as read as more trivial things – however we think its important to cover such things and do the job properly not just to let people know whats going on, but as a reference for future stuff.

I wrote a story in Monday’s Leader on the library closures which contained only quotes from local councillors. At the time it was written the library report was not out and a follow up was written based on the report once it was. I wouldn’t entirely discount ‘just’ ringing councillors. Sometimes they can be very useful, for instance when I spoke to them on Friday the libraries proposed for closure were unknown. They can also convey people’s thoughts locally on the issue as council reports taken in isolation can be somewhat dry. In an ideal world you’d have both although this isn’t always possible. Of course going out and speaking to residents themselves is one better in my opinion.

Rob
    Participant

The Library report was out on Sunday if not earlier as thats when a couple of us were reading through it – no doubt a quirk of online v print etc writing a report on Friday to go in on Monday when inbetween more detail is revealed.

I wrote the above assuming it was a ring around on Sunday evening after the report came out as it contained quotes from the three local councillors of the ones affected – as you say I was also unaware on Friday which libraries were being ‘selected’. An excellent guess though to get three out of three ;)

I do agree there is different ways of reporting – choice for people is always ace!

Liam
    Participant

@Rob 10286 wrote:

The Library report was out on Sunday if not earlier as thats when a couple of us were reading through it – no doubt a quirk of online v print etc writing a report on Friday to go in on Monday when inbetween more detail is revealed.

I wrote the above assuming it was a ring around on Sunday evening after the report came out as it contained quotes from the three local councillors of the ones affected – as you say I was also unaware on Friday which libraries were being ‘selected’. An excellent guess though to get three out of three ;)

I do agree there is different ways of reporting – choice for people is always ace!

Yes, article written on Friday for Monday hence no report.

It wasn’t so much a guess, there was already a petition circulating on Friday about Rhos Library. With Brymbo the local councillor mentioned it on Twitter on Friday and from there on in it was a case of asking around which was the third. Alas I am not quite Hercule Poirot, but it does show the merit of speaking to councillors.

Chris
    Participant

Wrexham Leader “Yesterdays News Tomorrow” :p

Liam
    Participant

@Chris 10300 wrote:

Wrexham Leader “Yesterdays News Tomorrow” :p

In this instance no-one else picked it up till Monday, we ain’t always late ;).

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Opportunity knocks for Wrexham brewery at major trade show

News

Man taken to hospital after incident at Brymbo property

News

Wrexham shoplifter jailed after city centre offences

News

Wrexham to take on Vancouver White Caps in ‘Wrex Coast Tour’

News

National Playday returning to Wrexham for a fun-filled day of activities!

News

Apartment plans for former Johnstown shop

News