"Woman only" free swimming at Plas Madoc….?

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum "Woman only" free swimming at Plas Madoc….?

• Author

Llayby lilly
    Participant

Having read that Plas Madoc Leisure Centre are offering ‘free woman only swimming sessions’, I wonder if they will be doing the same for our good men folk…? Any takers?

Lilly.

Sheefag
    Participant

In the interests of promoting fairness and equality, no.
    No they won’t.

The Speaking Truth
    Participant

That’s not quite how equality works these days… Ask a feminist!

Llayby lilly
    Participant

…should we all contact the leisure centre and complain? The number is 01978 821600.

As a woman I am offended that they have made a statement like “All abilities are welcome, and the sessions are fully inclusive. They provide a great opportunity to start swimming, and build your confidence in a safe, ladies-only session”.

Firstly, its hardly ‘inclusive’. Secondly, I think its an affront to men suggesting women are ‘safe’ when men are not around….??

Gentlemen, can I make the suggestion, you should be horrified at this behaviour!

Lilly

KidA
    Participant

Thank you lily for telling us men how we should feel. I’m sure PMLC staff have enough to do without fielding complaints from affronted males, if indeed there are any.

AMA Express
    Participant

Stick to what you’re good at. Make us all a cuppa and a bacon sarnie Lily.

Ioan y Ffin
    Participant

Are there special times at the swimming pool for the visually impaired? They would benefit from some special treatment at swimming pools across the country.

Maureen Gray
    Participant

[quote quote=170103]Are there special times at the swimming pool for the visually impaired? They would benefit from some special treatment at swimming pools across the country.[/quote] I haven’t seen any.

MP1953
    Participant

[quote quote=170101]Stick to what you’re good at. Make us all a cuppa and a bacon sarnie Lily.[/quote]

Can you say this sort of thing these days ? if it is only in Jest..

or maybe its not in Jest !!!!!!!! :)

Matt
    Participant

It’s those individuals who can’t make a good cuppa and a bacon sarnie you ought to be suspicious of.

Builders tea and crispy bacon please.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Apartment plans for former Johnstown shop

News

Wrexham Council awaits Welsh Government guidance on 20MPH changes and welcomes community input

News

New role for Big Nev as Gŵyl Wal Goch returns to Wrexham for 2024!

News

Hydro Announces £13m Investment in State-of-the-Art Scrap Sorting Facility at Wrexham Plant

News

Fearless fundraisers to scale their biggest challenge yet for children’s hospices

News

Plans submitted for microbrewery on Wrexham farm

News