Woman in town asking for money…

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Woman in town asking for money…

• Author

weasel
    Participant

Saw a woman in town today, going up to everybody she passed…saying…”Can you give me a pound, so I can use the phone”……
    Some people said they would use their mobile for her to make a call…..She spoke on their phone…Then went off asking for money for the phone again….
    I watched her for about 10 minutes, as I was waiting for somebody…..
    SO…Where are the police, who are supposed to be patrolling the town centre ???

Rex Ham
    Participant

Oh please, it’s hardly the crime of the century. Tell her to bugger off if she approaches you.

Travis Bickle
    Participant

Is this Woman Dark Haired, slight and aged around 50…by any chance?

myfanwy
    Participant

She came up to me Thursday evening about 6.15 at the car park by old Kwiks

Tinkz
    Participant

Every night last week I got approached in the bus station – the lady had reddish hair, I offered to call someone from my mobile for her but she rejected and moved on to the next person..

Christine
    Participant

I know who you mean Tinkz. She’s just a beggar. She’s has red hair, in her 30’s perhaps, usually wearing capris/short trousers with her ankles showing even in cold weather (I always think she looks very presentable hence why most people fall for her scheme). Her patch is usually on King street by the bus station or a few days ago she was asking for 80p’s down by Subway on High Street as she didn’t have enough for ‘her bus home’. Normally she’s asking for money in general but she once asked me to buy her phone’s memory card for £10 so she could ‘get a taxi home’. She’s never aggressive…that’s a plus at least.

Daave63
    Participant

Hey, I’ve seen this woman around my house too! Dark, long hair, in her late 30’s perhaps, usually wearing short trousers with her nickers showing even in cold weather, asking for money(I always think she looks very presentable hence why I fall for her scheme). Oh hang on, thats the wife!!

asteve76
    Participant

They’re still active. One middle aged woman approached me a few weeks ago on Lord St, just outside the Co-Op, asking if I could spare a pound for the bus.
    I said I didn’t think so and by the time I took the change out of my pocket to check, she’d walked off.
    However, just after I’d come out of the sweet shop around the corner, she found me again.
    “You’re the one who was going to give me a pound weren’t you?”
    Gave her one, and she walked away with a murmer of thanks.
    Has another woman ask me today, by the bus station, asking for a pound for the bus (déjà vu). I just said no and carried on walking.

Andy
    Participant

Rondetto
    Participant

Yes, she’s the one that has approached me several times either asking for money or to use my mobile phone.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News

New gym plans for Wrexham Industrial Estate could create 70 jobs

News

Wrexham man taking on London Marathon challenge for disabled skiers

News

Almost one in five people in Wales waiting to start NHS treatment

News

Wales Transport Secretary calls for targeted 20mph zones near schools and hospitals

News