Wino's and other general wastes of space congregating in St Giles Car Park

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Wino's and other general wastes of space congregating in St Giles Car Park

• Author

wrexview
    Participant

At night they are across St Giles Way by Maderia Hill path and against the stone wall that surrounds the St Giles School. They drink in one area and sleep in another.

MP1953
    Participant

Does anyone know what they are being given from the house on Grosvener Road by the Lemon tree ? soon they will need extra policing to control the crowds around that area that are growing by the day !!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Rob… Can you please explain why my contribution has been removed? My criticism of ‘weasel’s’ inflammatory comments was completely justified and this censorship is deeply disturbing. Please explain.

zinger
    Participant

A forum is all about people having differing views and giving their opinion. Most of us accept that some things are tongue in cheek and are posted to get a reaction. Unfortunately some people think that their opinion has more worth than others and go a little OTT.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The consequence of inciting hatred and intolerance is a visit and investigation by North Wales Police! Too many people stand by and do nothing when the most vulnerable are further victimised. I do hope ‘Weasel’ and ‘Rob’ don’t think by deleting the offensive posts are going to protect them….as I have screenshots as evidence!

R T
    Keymaster

[quote quote=115071]The consequence of inciting hatred and intolerance is a visit and investigation by North Wales Police! Too many people stand by and do nothing when the most vulnerable are further victimised. I do hope ‘Weasel’ and ‘Rob’ don’t think by deleting the offensive posts are going to protect them….as I have screenshots as evidence!

[/quote]

Thanks – they were removed as soon as we were made aware.

Sadly you posted, and repeated them yourself by quoting them, rather than using the tools suggested to ensure the removal was prompt by getting in touch direct.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Rob, it’s your responsibility to ensure content you host is appropriate and lawful, not mine! There is a great deal of content which is suspiciously inflammatory particularly in relation to substance misusers, homeless and members of the travelling community.

You will have an opportunity to discuss your systems to NWP and the OFCOM.
    Thank you.

gresfordrod
    Participant

Some of what I have seen on this thread I find disturbing.

We are talking here about a vulnerable group in society, many with psychiatric illnesses who find themselves in a position that we all could were circumstances different. I have no doubt in my mind that none of these people want to be in the position they are in and many I am sure would be more than happy at the opportunity of employment, psychological intervention and accommodation. Alcoholism and drug addiction is an illness that has become a modern day epidemic that needs to be tackled a lot more.

The fault here lies with Government. Budgets for mental health support and drug and alcohol intervention continue to be slashed. When I see people congregating in this way I find it upsetting – not because the people disturb me by their behaviour but because it shows we have failed as a society to protect the unfortunate.

If we want to do something about the situation then get involved with the projects that aim to help. For example the “Feeding the Roofless” project, the homeless shelter in Holt Road (which does fantastic work but with extremely limited number of beds) and also the work of the Salvation Army locally and nationally.

Moving these people somewhere else doesn’t fix the problem. Are we really that apathetic to accept the solution to the problem as moving these people to somewhere we can’t see then ?

Daave63
    Participant

OMG! {all gods of course – don’t wont to leave anyone out – LOL!} {Although not too loud of course – got to be considerate for others …etc .etc anyway what did PonciauPet post on here, I missed it??

Anonymous
    Inactive

[quote quote=115111]OMG! {all gods of course – don’t wont to leave anyone out – LOL!} {Although not too loud of course – got to be considerate for others …etc .etc anyway what did PonciauPet post on here, I missed it??

[/quote]
    What do you mean PonciauPet..?

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Apartment plans for former Johnstown shop

News

Wrexham Council awaits Welsh Government guidance on 20MPH changes and welcomes community input

News

New role for Big Nev as Gŵyl Wal Goch returns to Wrexham for 2024!

News

Hydro Announces £13m Investment in State-of-the-Art Scrap Sorting Facility at Wrexham Plant

News

Fearless fundraisers to scale their biggest challenge yet for children’s hospices

News

Plans submitted for microbrewery on Wrexham farm

News