Wino's and other general wastes of space congregating in St Giles Car Park

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Wino's and other general wastes of space congregating in St Giles Car Park

• Author

WrecsamGirl
    Participant

The last few times I’ve parked in St Giles car park ive noticed that a group of fully grown adults have taken up residence in there, where they seem to spend all their times drinking and smoking. They sit on the wall near one of the pay machines, and to be quite honest are pretty intimidating looking bunch. They used to stand about in the alleyway at the back of the church, sitting on the steps and even window sills of the flats in the old brewery but I’m assuming they’ve been moved on from there and have now converged on the carpark itself.

They were there again this morning, bare in mind that it’s half term and there are kids everywhere the language was disgusting. F this and that. These aren’t kids, they must be in their 30’s and 40’s and a re more than old enough to know better Now if they want to stand around all day drinking themselves into oblivion that their choice, but Weatherspoons is open from 10am. Go and sit in there not a car park at the back of a church.

Something needs to be done about this. The town centre looks bad enough as it is without wastes of oxygen like this dragging it down even further, it must look terrible to visitors to the town.

Councillor X
    Participant

Perhaps notify the police?

WrecsamGirl
    Participant

The police are unlikley to do bugger all in my experience.

rockyrobins
    Participant

We are having problems with gangs of druggies in our work car park on a regular basis in the town centre, when I left today they sitting around shooting up without a care in the world but they have been leaving used needles around, the problem has never been as bad as it lately.

Council Watcher
    Participant

The starting point surely is for everyone to report every incidence- quantity of reporting will ‘normally’ result in action — You should send to Helen Patterson as Chief Exc of the Council, Councillors Hugh Jones who has Community Safety in his brief, Cllr David Bithel who has Environment and Cllr Mark Pritchard as Leader of the Council and of course the Police.
    Lack of reporting results in low statistics– the more reports the better even if you do feel that it is a waste of time. If they dont react then report to the Ombudsman and the Police and Crime Commissioner.

Travis Bickle
    Participant

Perhaps the Council could make money by installing jet-washes at these locations ( or even a mobile jet-wash? ) and charge the public a couple of pound a go to hopefully wash this menace into the gutters. The idea occured to me recently as I was washing my car at Tesco and spotted a hooded ner-do-well loitering close by.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Maybe the ‘bleeding hearts’ from the church and other local community organisations could stand on the steps of the Guildhall and demand better support for these unfortunate souls, many with psychiatric problems compounded by drug use and addiction!

Opps I’ve forgotten there only locals, only ex-service men like Marky Prandle….I’m confident if they were from any other country we would be bending over backwards to accommodate their ‘needs’ with comfortable accommodation, free transport, interpreters, resettlement workers, etc etc!

I wonder when are we going to start looking after our own? After all, there not going away.

zinger
    Participant

I agree with Council Watcher here. Copy all relative persons into an email. When crime statistics rise then maybe something will be done. It cannot be allowed to continue.
    A litter picking job might be a good idea to make them feel useful to society and give them pride in their surroundings. The proceeds in voucher form could give preference in a homeless shelter in the form of a hot meal & a bed for the night.
    Not all are ex servicemen & not all are local.

MP1953
    Participant

It seems from what I can see that the problem is getting worse all the time, judging by the pile that were in the Army recruiting office doorway, the front of the guildhall, and congregating on virtually every seat along the way towards cafe nero, very intimidating walking along there this morning about 9 – 30 ish.

can’t anything be done ???

Councillor X
    Participant

They can all return home now that plans to outlaw rough sleeping and ban busking without a licence in Chester have been abandoned by councillors.
    The police are failing to move them from café chairs in Lord Street and off the bandstand and as for the camp they have set up off Benjamin Road….

They are a problem but its a problem that needs a resolution as moving them on just makes them someone else’s problem!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Apartment plans for former Johnstown shop

News

Wrexham Council awaits Welsh Government guidance on 20MPH changes and welcomes community input

News

New role for Big Nev as Gŵyl Wal Goch returns to Wrexham for 2024!

News

Hydro Announces £13m Investment in State-of-the-Art Scrap Sorting Facility at Wrexham Plant

News

Fearless fundraisers to scale their biggest challenge yet for children’s hospices

News

Plans submitted for microbrewery on Wrexham farm

News