Williams report recommends Wrexham merge with Flinsthire council

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Williams report recommends Wrexham merge with Flinsthire council

• Author

Alunh
    Participant

…,.or things even

Wrecsam_lad
    Participant

If the merger happens I reckon they should give the county a new name…

Any Suggestions ?

Mała Polska… ???

Daave63
    Participant

Its hush hush, but reports are that the merger is ON & that the main admin centre WILL be the old Groves school site. ssh!!

Born Acorn
    Participant

This will be the first such re-organisation that the Welsh Government will do, since it didn’t exist when the last one was undertaken.

Lets hope they change it and stick to it, unlike Westminster!

Ferret
    Participant

@johnhoppy 11328 wrote:

I and no doubt a few others remember the old Clwyd County Council, and in my opinion there was not much wrong with it. I presume that if we were to revert to Clwyd that the old District Councils would be revived also.

No that’s not what the report is saying at all. Local government would remain single tier so it would simply be a merger of two councils with existing activities (less about £100m combined savings of course). It’s not like the old Clwyd scenario, there would be no separate Borough Council although there would be community councils. It seems to suggest the quicker the better so no new boundaries and a simple change of name (Wrexham & Flintshire North East Wales etc). Locations would be for discussion so maybe you might get one or two departments based in Wrexham with local services (refuse, streetscene etc) and local delivery (e.g. Social services). But presumably there would be fewer councillors so wards would be a lot bigger and would need to merge. Probably long overdue but it does weaken the localism of democracy – if anybody cares!

Liam
    Participant

@Daave63 11345 wrote:

Its hush hush, but reports are that the merger is ON & that the main admin centre WILL be the old Groves school site. ssh!!

There is a report due up before exec board regarding the Groves site in a few months time…

wrexview
    Participant

That would be good news!!

Ferret
    Participant

@Daave63 11345 wrote:

Thanks for the inside line Daaave.

Darlofan
    Participant

@zinger 11330 wrote:

Has anyone else noticed that a lot of paperwork still has Clwyd as part of the address. The Halifax for one.

Yeah, I did a credit check a few months back and had 3 different addresses attached to my name. One with wrexham as county, one with clwyd and one with no county. Apparently this was affecting my rating as it looks like i move a lot. This is caused by internet applications searching automatically for your address when you input postcode. As we live in a new build as well i had one address with a plot number on instead of door number(that didn’t help too).

NJones
    Participant

The local authority is supposed to update this information on their Local Land and Property Gazetteer (LLPG) which inputs into the National Gazeteer (NLPG) but seems to have not been done for many years. Or is this just a case of councillors thinking Wrexham is such as wonderful place they’ve named it twice, Wrexham, Wrexham like New York, New York!?

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Almost one in five people in Wales waiting to start NHS treatment

News

Wales Transport Secretary calls for targeted 20mph zones near schools and hospitals

News

Airbnb expansion exacerbates housing woes for ex-offenders in Wrexham as Rob & Ryan dodge blame

News

Friends and Wrexham AFC fans taking on walking challenge for Dynamic

News

North Wales Minister role branded as “tokenistic” by Plaid Cymru MS

News

Number of Welsh 18-year-olds enrolling at Wrexham University “down 5 per cent this year”

News