Will The Range ever come to Wrexham?

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Will The Range ever come to Wrexham?

• Author

WrecsamGirl
    Participant

I can’t be the only who got very briefly excited when I saw the Dailt Post announcement that there was a new one opening, only to realise it’s actually going to somewhere in Deeside instead? Why not Wrexham? There are plenty of large, empty retail spaces around. The huge old PC world on Central Retail Park, the empty unit next to Screwfix and the carpet place on Berse Road retail park, the soon to be vacated TK Maxx and presumably Brantano on Island Green.

Seems to me that the council aren’t doing anything to encourage new stores to open up Wrexham these days.

R T
    Keymaster

Jon over at Deeside.com wrote about that yesterday and it has some detail http://www.deeside.com/deeside/latest-news/28487/

83 jobs is not an insignificant number – would be great to see down here.

D R
    Keymaster

There were rumours 18 months or so ago that The Range would be taking over the former TJ Hughes, but they never became anything other than rumours.

jimbow
    Participant

[quote quote=106751]There were rumours 18 months or so ago that The Range would be taking over the former TJ Hughes, but they never became anything other than rumours.

[/quote] I am not surprised, the former TJ Hughes has no car parking,an essential for The Range.

Katia
    Participant

[quote quote=106754]
    I am not surprised, the former TJ Hughes has no car parking,an essential for The Range.
    [/quote]

If only there were suitable parking spaces nearby to erstwhile TJ Hughes with the car park owners able to strike a deal to provide free or subsidised validated customer parking for The Range – maybe even offer the same to Peoples Market traders.
    Customers of The Range could also provide footfall for the market traders.

Darlofan
    Participant

Charlies would be good for Wrexham too. The one in Deeside is always busy. Old PC World would be good site, might get that retail park popular again.

jimbow
    Participant

Katia :- If you read the Fourth Street Report on the Hub/Peoples Market, you will find 10 parking spaces for free to Oriel staff. There is no provision for free or subsidised parking for traders. I believe at this moment in time with an all day charge of £2,the car park is nearly full by 8.45 am. One of the reasons being that, the car park behind the Museum closed. What will happen when the charges increase to £4 per day when the Oriel take over the car park ?

WrecsamGirl
    Participant

Who owns Central Retail Park? It’s a bit of a white elephant isn’t it? A part from Dunelm,the Gym and SCS there’s nothing there anymore. The old PC world looks very sorry for itself, I think that’s been empty for years.

Katia
    Participant

[quote quote=106764] I believe at this moment in time with an all day charge of £2,the car park is nearly full by 8.45 am. One of the reasons being that, the car park behind the Museum closed. What will happen when the charges increase to £4 per day when the Oriel take over the car park ?
    [/quote]

I suppose for anybody leaving their car all day whilst at work £4 is still cheap so probably makes no difference – still be full ?
    To park more than 6 hours at Eagles Meadow is £7.50 – probably to put the emphasis on available spaces for shoppers, the shorter stay fees are now quite attractive.
    I don’t know what the mix of Peoples Market car park short stay visitors compared to people using it as a convenient car park all day for work.
    I would put the emphasis on validated parking for shoppers.

borras47
    Participant

I have visited quite a few Range”s in various locations and note some of the comments in this forum regarding suggestions for the location of a Range in Wrexham. Unfortunately from my experience of what i have seen during my visits to a Range, all suggested places would be far too small due to their premise sizes and lack of parking facilities. Most of their premises are in out of locations with decent size car parks.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Almost one in five people in Wales waiting to start NHS treatment

News

Wales Transport Secretary calls for targeted 20mph zones near schools and hospitals

News

Airbnb expansion exacerbates housing woes for ex-offenders in Wrexham as Rob & Ryan dodge blame

News

Friends and Wrexham AFC fans taking on walking challenge for Dynamic

News

North Wales Minister role branded as “tokenistic” by Plaid Cymru MS

News

Number of Welsh 18-year-olds enrolling at Wrexham University “down 5 per cent this year”

News