Will Cllr Pritchard loose the Leadership of the Council tomorrow!!

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Will Cllr Pritchard loose the Leadership of the Council tomorrow!!

• Author

Peterthewatcher
    Participant

It is the full Council meeting today and tomorrow (Mayor making today – business meeting tomorrow)- besides announcing who the new Chief Executive will be, there could be a change of Political Leadership. We could see a movement of some of the Independents from the Mark Pritchard camp to Dave Bithells Group.
    It is no secret within Guildhall circles that there is no love for each other so personality politics are at play- depending which of them have been offering Chairs of Scrutiny and Executive positions it is a real possibility that there could be a change.
    We could also see Plaid and/or the unaligned line up behind Bithel and that could also remove the Conservatives from being part of the ruling Executive and Cllr Hugh Jones as Deputy Leader.
    This is all up for grabs and there will no doubt be a number of phone calls to Councillors today to seek support for a change.
    Let the battle commence…

BenjaminM
    Participant

If the regular apres meeting coffee jaunt into Wrexham town centre yesterday by the four riders of the apocalypse is anything to go by, I wouldn’t hold your breath. I think that you will see very little change except for greater roles for the already identified sycophants.

CarolThomas
    Participant

I don’t know but their coffee shop Tweets often have very false smiles (if you can count them as smiles) either that or the coffee in some locations is very bitter!
    I wonder if they will commence a pub crawl once they have done the coffee shops.

jimbow
    Participant

I wish somebody could explain the difference between a Pritchard and Bithell Independent?

If there is all this bickering going on behind the scenes, then it is about time the remuneration packages be reviewed. One salary for all £15k, irrespective of position.

Councillor X
    Participant

If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it

jimbow
    Participant

[quote quote=149439]If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it[/quote]

If it could be better, fix it.

JP
    Participant

[quote quote=149439]If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it[/quote]

Really?

That’s an interesting view point.

The Monitor
    Participant

It is ‘Broke’. High time for a change and changes.

Sheefag
    Participant

I’d like to see that nice Alun Hughes from the record shop in this job.

He’s a smashing looking lad and there’d be no more druggies shitting on his doorstep once he was holding the reins.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News

New gym plans for Wrexham Industrial Estate could create 70 jobs

News