Why is my rates bill from a CH postcode not Wrexham?

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Why is my rates bill from a CH postcode not Wrexham?

• Author

99DylanJones
    Participant

To have a link to a web site only covers aprox 30% of rate payers as there are still large numbers of people who do not use the internet.
    I still come back to the pint that if I am paying something in a shop I can see/touch the product before deciding. Even if I buy from the internet I have a chance to return an item under the distance selling regulations. I don’t have this luxury as a rate payer- I have to pay for a service which I have no idea what I am getting.

Iceman
    Participant

@99DylanJones 12561 wrote:

To have a link to a web site only covers aprox 30% of rate payers as there are still large numbers of people who do not use the internet.
    I still come back to the pint that if I am paying something in a shop I can see/touch the product before deciding. Even if I buy from the internet I have a chance to return an item under the distance selling regulations. I don’t have this luxury as a rate payer- I have to pay for a service which I have no idea what I am getting.

Can i just ask where you got 30% from please? Thanks

wxm
    Participant

@BenjaminM 12556 wrote:

It’s a done deal – get over it!!!!

No, I won’t get over it. It’s wrong.

KidA
    Participant

Read on dylan. It says if you cannot download the leaflet then ring the council and they will send you a hard copy.

KidA
    Participant

Read on dylan. It says if you cannot download the leaflet then ring the council and they will send you a hard copy.

99DylanJones
    Participant

Have you noticed in the bills that if you want to make payment on line you have to ring an 0845 number which costs between 11p and 41p off a mobile.
    I would also suggest that everyone rings up on 01978 292031 if they have a Direct Debit and get it changed to the 4th of the month if possible – you get 12 payment periods instead of 10 why give the Council money up front.

KidA
    Participant

No, you’ll get 11 as the 4th april was 3 days ago. Personally, I like to have the ‘free’ months in feb and march. Helps me pay off xmas credit cards.

Iceman
    Participant

@99DylanJones 12573 wrote:

Have you noticed in the bills that if you want to make payment on line you have to ring an 0845 number which costs between 11p and 41p off a mobile.
    I would also suggest that everyone rings up on 01978 292031 if they have a Direct Debit and get it changed to the 4th of the month if possible – you get 12 payment periods instead of 10 why give the Council money up front.

I assume by the lack of reply that you plucked 30% out of thin air.

99DylanJones
    Participant

Iceman – the 30% figure was in a Welsh Government PSBA (Public Service Broadband Aggregation) report on connectivity produced last year and I believed referred to the percentage that actually had internet themselves – not taking into account those who use other peoples internet or public access points. The Communities First areas of Caia, Hightown , Urban Villages dropped the percentage. I must admit I thought the figure was low but it was one of the reasons indicted why a quicker investment into Fibre Speed should be made in the Wrexham area.

Iceman
    Participant

Thanks, thats interesting. I thought it wou,d be much higher than that.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Opportunity knocks for Wrexham brewery at major trade show

News

Man taken to hospital after incident at Brymbo property

News

Wrexham shoplifter jailed after city centre offences

News

Wrexham to take on Vancouver White Caps in ‘Wrex Coast Tour’

News

National Playday returning to Wrexham for a fun-filled day of activities!

News

Apartment plans for former Johnstown shop

News