Why is my rates bill from a CH postcode not Wrexham?

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Why is my rates bill from a CH postcode not Wrexham?

• Author

wrexview
    Participant

After yesterday’s April Fools joke about naming the prison HMP Chester I was amazed to receive my rates bill today from a Chester post code not Wrexham!

BenjaminM
    Participant

I am surprised you even mention this when you take into account your comments regarding printing costs for the Connect magazine.
    Has it not even occurred to you that WCBC have used PCS Systems because they provide a cheaper option for a necessary Council communication?.
    Prudence only when it suits?

wrexview
    Participant

It crossed my mind that there was a huge saving! Now black and white rather than colour printing, thinner paper , no pamphlet explaining what the money is to be spent on and second class post. All things the Council could have done years ago and in house!

Councillor X
    Participant

We aren’t allowed to keep the trained monkeys that produce them in Wrexham so mail the bills from Chester Zoo! You are lucky we use monkeys and not pelicans … As they have massive bills!!!

KidA
    Participant

@wrexview 12492 wrote:

It crossed my mind that there was a huge saving! Now black and white rather than colour printing, thinner paper , no pamphlet explaining what the money is to be spent on and second class post. All things the Council could have done years ago and in house!

Just received mine so now know what you’re talking about. Don’t really see the issue. It tells me what to pay and when. Its a lot less cluttered than the old one and I don’t have to bother depositing the pamphlet in the recycling bin. Read the back and it tells you where you can download the info from if you miss it that much!:)

wxm
    Participant

And you’re happy to pay all that without a quibble and believe its value for money !?!

99DylanJones
    Participant

There is a fundamental issue far bigger than where the bill came from and that is what are you getting for the money. This probably the only bill we all pay were we don’y really know what we are getting- all your other household bills you know precisely what you are paying for.
    Wrexham prided itself on only a 3% increase. That could be stomached if it was 3% and all services provided in the previous year were still available. This clearly is not the case there has been significant rediction in what citizens of Wrexham can access therefore the increase is significantly more in real terms:
    Just think of the services that are being closed or reduced-
    Leisure Services – Plas Madoc (also admission charges gone up as well as your rates)
    Library services – a number are closing
    Community Centres – a number are closing
    Grass cutting and flowers – pardon the pun all being cut
    Adult Social Care — support for Learning Difficulty reduced support
    Bus Services – reduced services
    Road repairs – reduced
    Youth Clubs – cut to four
    Do I need to go on–
    Why has everyone become so apathetic on these issues and taken the increase without a murrmur in the media or even on Wrexham.com

KidA
    Participant

@wxm 12552 wrote:

And you’re happy to pay all that without a quibble and believe its value for money !?!

Different argument Wxm. You seem to have lost the thread of this thread.:confused:

BenjaminM
    Participant

@wxm 12552 wrote:

And just when I thought it was safe for us all to go back into the water!

I would have thought ( and dearly hoped) that now the Council Tax has been set for 2014/15, we would be spared (for at least 6 months), the interminable posts and endless columns of figures regarding ‘value for money’. My dog loves a bone, but at least it has the good sense to leave it when he has pulled all the meat from it.

It’s a done deal – get over it!!!!

With regard to Dylan’s comment regarding where the money has been allocated and is to be spent, there is a link quite clearly indicated on the bill, to facilitate those who have a yearning for such matters, to fill their boots. I would have thought that the majority of us are more interested in the bottom line, ie how much we have to pay.

Huff and puff all you want, but realise this, you won’t change a thing, but you are very likely to raise your blood pressure to a dangerous level.

MP1953
    Participant

@BenjaminM 12556 wrote:

And just when I thought it was safe for us all to go back into the water!

I would have thought ( and dearly hoped) that now the Council Tax has been set for 2014/15, we would be spared (for at least 6 months), the interminable posts and endless columns of figures regarding ‘value for money’. My dog loves a bone, but at least it has the good sense to leave it when he has pulled all the meat from it.

It’s a done deal – get over it!!!!

With regard to Dylan’s comment regarding where the money has been allocated and is to be spent, there is a link quite clearly indicated on the bill, to facilitate those who have a yearning for such matters, to fill their boots. I would have thought that the majority of us are more interested in the bottom line, ie how much we have to pay.

Huff and puff all you want, but realise this, you won’t change a thing, but you are very likely to raise your blood pressure to a dangerous level.

All you say is correct BenjaminM but the fact is Wrexham is being decimated for future generations, and bear in mind not all Councils by any means are going down the same road as Wrexham, take Flintshire for instance..

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News