Who is Don Sturgeon?

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Who is Don Sturgeon?

• Author

Matt
    Participant

Apparently the woodwork is rife with things coming out at the faint whiff of any kind of “Conservative Victory” in this town.

Could anyone enlighten me as to who Don Sturgeon is? As he didn’t exist until Wrexham.com name checked him today.

I know there are some very good friends of mine on here ;) who will no doubt fill in the details.

Owain Glyndwr
    Participant

He is the lovechild of Donald Trump and Nicola Sturgeon.

Matt
    Participant

[quote quote=145127]He is the lovechild of Donald Trump and Nicola Sturgeon.

[/quote]

Haha, that is a much better answer than the rather drab & disappointing find after doing my homework of who the actual person is.

Matt
    Participant

Well, turns out that whilst Don may actually be a real person. The actual author of Don’s words has been called into question.

I’ll leave people to draw their own conclusions on that one. Wrexham.com is now the official reporting epicentre of the political fallouts in the town.

The Speaking Truth
    Participant

Who cares? But the man does make a valid point. What happened to that budget? That was the one I was looking forward to viewing!

Matt
    Participant

[quote quote=145149]Who cares? But the man does make a valid point. What happened to that budget? That was the one I was looking forward to viewing![/quote]

It is a shame that the Plaid budget never came to fruition, I’d have been very interested to see the proposals. But at the very least despite only having 3 councillors all of whom were newly elected last year they have made a lot of noise & enhanced the levels of scrutiny involved against the Executive Board. So they are serving a decent purpose & trying to fight for the townsfolks corner regardless of whether or not you agree with Plaid on a national level.

The fact that they have dared challenge Councillor perks such as Ipads, free parking, increased pay in times of vicious cuts against the rest of us has really raised the hackles in the likes of the Tories & Clr Pritchard’s Indy grouping. They have faced some blistering attacks both publicly & or then covertly by cowardly people without “cojones”, either through fake troll profiles on Wrexham.com pretending to be ‘concerned citizens’ or dubious Twitter/Facebook accounts. Or in this case we have councillors issuing jibes behind newly appointed Conservative Chairmen.

So yea Don Sturgeon might just be Don Sturgeon, but strings are being pulled from elsewhere.

Liam
    Participant

Hearing Don’s been replaced by new Tory MP candidate frontrunner Arthur Chance.

Council Watcher
    Participant

Is it a coincidence that we hear from Don Sturgeon – a voice from the wilderness of the Conservative Party who I believe did not even make a statement after the last Election congratulating their own Council Member successes in Wrexham- that his voice is heard when the Leader of the Conservative Group on the Council Hugh Jones is on holiday and Andrew Atkinson is appointed to the Executive Board. Perhaps you can draw your own conclusions appoint while pulling who’s string.

This new stance from the Conservatives may also indicate that not all is rosy in their camp as they try and take advantage of Cllr Hugh Jones absence- how long will he retain the role of Leader of the Conservative Group on the Council. Watch this space and see how Cllr Jones reacts.

Dick
    Participant

These are just about the silliest posts i’ve ever seen on here by the Labour faithful. Hands up all those who know who the Labour CLP Chairman is?

Owain Glyndwr
    Participant

Dick, you NEVER fail to live up to your name …..

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

County Lines drug dealers targeted as part of major police operation

News

Clwyd South MS gives ringing endorsement to church bell restoration bid

News

Works on New Broughton housing development set to begin in spring

News

North Wales chief constable backs new Police Anti-Corruption and Abuse Reporting Service

News

Welsh gaming professionals flying the flag at “instrumental” US conference

News

What to expect with new first minister set to be appointed and cabinet reshuffle on the horizon

News