Where would you point tourists to?

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Where would you point tourists to?

• Author

Rob
    Participant

Some tourists have been spotted having their photo taken outside Debenhams in Eagles Meadow this evening, and its prompted a mini debate on where they should be ‘sent’ to get a proper picture!

So to open this out to the forum – where in or around town would you send tourists to get a ‘real’ Wrexham view :D

Sensible and non sensible welcome :)

Draig Wrecsam
    Participant

For a sporting picture you couldn’t beat a photo in front of the ‘oldest international ground in the world’ plaque at the racecourse.

For a more scenic shot I’d go up minera mountain to admire the full majesty of the Wrexham skyline ;)

WrexTown
    Participant

Hmm you’re asking where we would send tourists to get their picture taken in Wrexham?

This is not easy for me.

Non sensible answers welcome you say?

How about sending them to the tunnel that goes under bodhyfryd?

Sorry i cannot think of where, really.

WrexTown
    Participant

Great views of Wrexham can be seen from the top of the Parish Church

WrexTown
    Participant

Elihu Yale is buried at St. Giles’ Church, send them there.

May not be glamorous enough though?

NJones
    Participant

The museum to see how nice the town used to be!

WXMRich
    Participant

Gresford disaster memorial, Aquaduct, Erddig Hall to name a few.

A distant relative recently came to stay with me from Australia. She loved North Wales in general and didn’t have time to see everything she wanted to in the 2 weeks she was here.

So while the town centre is pretty much like most other UK town centres, i’d say we are superbly positioned for things to see and do within say, 1 hour drive/train.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Saturday’s Wrexham Artisan Market to be ‘showcase’ of local and national products

News

Rare newts thriving after north east Wales pond restoration

News

Plans Submitted to Create Studio Flat Above Wrexham Fast Food Restaurant

News

Football Banning Order issued to Wrexham man for ‘pyro offences’

News

Ambulance Service ‘expecting the Bank Holiday period to be a busy one for us’

News

Reminder to check for Schools Essentials Grant before window closes at end of May

News