What shop/restaurant/business would you like to come to Wrexham?

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum What shop/restaurant/business would you like to come to Wrexham?

• Author

Rob
    Participant

@paul bearer 1069 wrote:

Does anybody have any money to be able to take the chance in opening a shop?

Rents and rates are prohibitive at the moment, we are doing a piece soon in terms of the council and their owned properties, and the rest that seem to be owned by pension funds.

The Beauty Boutique
    Participant

Any premises with a big floor space could house a Roller Rink. It’s something that adults and kids alike would use. Any area I’ve lived has had one and it would be somewhere that people could go to and have some fun. Added benefit is it also keeps people fit.

Jonesy
    Participant

How about a dry ski slope in Gresford? :D

justjojo2011
    Participant

One thing that Wrexham needs is decent toy shops. We have The Entertainer, but anyone who’s ever been to the branch in the Bullring, Birmingham, or even the one of Foregate Street, Chester knows, ours is tiny and doesn’t actually have THAT much. It would be great to see a Toys R Us come to Wrexham and there’s space for them, such as the old TJ Hughes shop. Another shop I would like to see come to Wrexham is The Range. This store does really well elsewhere and think it would help, especially in the larger empty shops.

As for Tapas bars, I shall pass with a big no thank you. There are more than enough food/restaurant/take away places in Wrexham already. Add to all those the pubs, and the charity shops, what else is left? Apart from places no one can actually afford to shop in

MadMan
    Participant

Tapas is a great idea, as we need quality restaurants in the town that is what we lack we may have plenty of pubs that sell food and takeaway places, but not many of them are any good. More mid range clothing stores would be a great addition to town Pull and Bear in Liverpool has more reasonable prices for both women and men and select for women which on retail UK is expanding across the UK. The range is another great idea to fill TJ Hughes, which is probably quite realistic in terms of price range. Waitrose is expanding with opening in Chester and Boughton eventually so i hope they consider Wrexham again in the future more expensive, but more choice for food is always nice.

justjojo2011
    Participant

I dunno. I think there’s more than enough choice for people to eat and buy food. Its everything else I feel Wrexham is lacking. And the biggest thing?! It’s not shops. It’s character. We need summer festivals again like we used to have, like the lager days etc going on

MadMan
    Participant

I’m not denying that there is choice but quality i am concerned about. As for shops we have the main retail outlets so it will be hard to fill the empty units. You have it spot on with regards to festivals bring some atmosphere to the town.

justjojo2011
    Participant

That is why I shall be trying to attend the Nightingale House celebrations this weekend.

Darlofan
    Participant

A B and Q warehouse is what i’d like. DIY stores in town are shockingly basic and B and Q is especially in need of a refurb. Everytime I go in I think the automatic door is going to fall off!

justjojo2011
    Participant

@Darlofan 1199 wrote:

A B and Q warehouse is what i’d like. DIY stores in town are shockingly basic and B and Q is especially in need of a refurb. Everytime I go in I think the automatic door is going to fall off!

You don’t know how many times the staff have been caught on that door lol. But the warehouses don’t stock much more than the “basic” ones. But Wrexham has 3 major DIY stores, more than enough i think

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

A view from Wrexham’s Member of the Senedd

News

Welsh Government funding for children’s hospices not enough, says sector leader

News

College’s celebration of education and diversity goes from strength to strength

News

Clean energy projects ‘harming’ rural Wales, warns Conservative MS

News

News

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News