What are the benefits of the Welsh Assembly?

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum What are the benefits of the Welsh Assembly?

• Author

zinger
    Participant

I suppose that it depends what paper you read but a quote from the Guardian “In 2014 the NHS was ranked the best and most efficient in the world by the independent Commonwealth Fund, and waiting times for patients continue to be stable despite the NHS doing a million more operations a year than in 2010.”

With devolution come accountability. Surely if George Osbourne & a coalition government is to blame then that renders the WAG pointless.

TimRegency
    Participant

[quote quote=180524]I suppose that it depends what paper you read but a quote from the Guardian “In 2014 the NHS was ranked the best and most efficient in the world by the independent Commonwealth Fund, and waiting times for patients continue to be stable despite the NHS doing a million more operations a year than in 2010.”

With devolution come accountability. Surely if George Osbourne & a coalition government is to blame then that renders the WAG pointless.[/quote]

Not all all. In Wales, they can try to contain/hold back the massive damage being done to the NHS by the Tories. Privatisation of the NHS is rife in England.

BTW what happened to the NHS 2014-2019, while the Tories were in power?

zinger
    Participant

The WAG have control of our portion & a poor job they are making of it.

What other benefit is there in having a WAG?

Llayby lilly
    Participant

…There goes Timmy, spreading the love again….!

Timmy the Welsh Government have done little meaningful the North and North East Wales. So much so there is a big push for North Wales to align itself with Cheshire and Liverpool etc to establish an economic and business hub. How Ironic is that.

So for me you can stick your Liebour rhetoric up your sphincter!

Llayby lilly
    Participant

[quote quote=180539]The WAG have control of our portion & a poor job they are making of it.

What other benefit is there in having a WAG?[/quote]

Timmy won’t like you for having these thoughts Zinger….off for some re-education with Diane Abbott for you me lad..!

TimRegency
    Participant

[quote quote=180596]

The WAG have control of our portion & a poor job they are making of it.

What other benefit is there in having a WAG?

Timmy won’t like you for having these thoughts Zinger….off for some re-education with Diane Abbott for you me lad..![/quote]

Hey, zinger, don’t forget to include these scholarly quotes when drawing up your compelling case for ‘Wexit.’

zinger
    Participant

I did ask for the benefits of having the Welsh Assembly Tim. Since no-one has been able to come up with any positives perhaps it is time to get rid.

TimRegency
    Participant

1. Free prescriptions.
    2. Extra money for students with additional learning needs.
    3. Successful smoking cessation policies.
    4. A smacking ban.

…and I’m sure there are plenty of other benefits.

I’m not a big fan of Welsh Labour, there are too many red Tories for my liking. Some have this aloof and entitled ‘jobs for life’ attitude. But still, better to improve it rather than get rid of it.

zinger
    Participant

Wow!!! Free prescriptions and a 3 hour wait to see the triage nurse in A & E. How can you improve on that?

Useful for overturning local planning decisions I suppose. And for saying how many houses should be built without telling us what the extra people living in them are going to do for a doctor’s surgery. What do local people know?

Is it really worth the millions of £’s spent on it. Money that could better be spent on the NHS.

TimRegency
    Participant

Take it up withe Tory council and Tory Westminster government, instead of flimsily covering for them by blaming their many misdeeds on the WAG.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News

Off-road motorcyclists ‘using their bikes dangerously’ warned they ‘will be seized’

News