Welsh post/bills etc

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Welsh post/bills etc

• Author

Darlofan
    Participant

Just had my car tax reminder with the usual 2 sheets, 1 in Welsh,1 in english. Which set me thinking, with technology as it is how hard would it be for companies to have on their system if you want bills etc in Welsh or English?

It would save companies so much money as it’s not cheap to produce and even more to recycle. I’m not trying to stop the Welsh language before anyone jumps on me for that just wondering how long it will be before this idea is taken up.

NJones
    Participant

I don’t think the Welsh Language Act would allow for this.

weasel
    Participant

o my, o my o my…….soooo many problems…..In the greater scheme of things…Does it matter either way…Or does anyone even care….

angryShopper
    Participant

I believe the welsh assembly / central goverment are working on a plan to remove the tax disc in it’s paper form, it’s about time, as it’s logged on the computer if u have tax or not (hence the bar code on ur letter) they scan it in when u buy at the post office, and if u buy online ofcorse it’s logged

we have a very old law about “displaying” tax, even if it’s paid for, on computer and not on show, you can be booked. This is being looked at, so u don’t have to display, the problem with this is, they will sstill have to send letters untill people get used to going online to buy

st_elswhere
    Participant

The car tax law has changed. The offence is no longer not displaying a valid tax disk it is driving a vehicle that is not taxed. It changed when they went to being able to tax your car online in case of postal problems.

What they should change is being able to sell a second hand car with tax on to stop uninsured drivers using the left over amount and not bothering to insure the car.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Almost one in five people in Wales waiting to start NHS treatment

News

Wales Transport Secretary calls for targeted 20mph zones near schools and hospitals

News

Airbnb expansion exacerbates housing woes for ex-offenders in Wrexham as Rob & Ryan dodge blame

News

Friends and Wrexham AFC fans taking on walking challenge for Dynamic

News

North Wales Minister role branded as “tokenistic” by Plaid Cymru MS

News

Number of Welsh 18-year-olds enrolling at Wrexham University “down 5 per cent this year”

News