Welsh nationalists Plaid Cymru who are the kidding

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Welsh nationalists Plaid Cymru who are the kidding

• Author

flipper
    Participant

It makes my blood boil listening to our beloved Welsh nationalists Plaid Cymru saying we won’t take the pay rise and they pay for their iPads, why doesn’t their beloved leader Leanne Wood lead by example then and do the same. I tell you why, she is in power and they are not, I find it so hypocritical of them and quiet frankly it’s so easy in opposition, I’m pretty sure the reply’s will come but you don’t fool me and I’m pretty sure there are many others who can see what you are up to.

draiggoch
    Participant

Erm, she did: http://www.olddailypostlink.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/plaid-leader-leanne-wood-turns-2660022

Nasty Plaid Cymru, not taking pay rises and paying for their own iPads and all horrible stuff like that! You seem very wound up by this, odd.

Cmedson
    Participant

Well that went badly didn’t it ‘flipper’!

Might be worth spending a little time checking your facts before jumping in feet first and making a complete and total idiot of yourself in future!

*tumbleweed rolls past as we wait patiently for ‘flipper’s reply*

The Speaking Truth
    Participant

So she’s taken nothing since 2012? Fair play if she hasn’t but it’s true what flipper says, it’s easy as opposition to shout. Haven’t seen anyone else go to the press about not taking the pay rise or paying get for their IPads, if you do your research you’ll see theirs a few more yet they don’t feel the need to shout it from the rooftops.

draiggoch
    Participant

All Flippers post demonstrates is an irrational hatred of Plaid Cyrmu, it wouldn’t have mattered what the issue was clearly, the venom in the whole tone of the initial post is laughable. Not taking pay rises and paying for ipads was a manifesto commitment for Plaid locally, what’s the problem with ‘shouting about it’? Politics should be about leading by example surely? Hopefully that encourages others to do the same and fair play to all councillors who turn down the rise (or have previously), everyone should encourage them to shout about it as well, regardless what party or group they’re in. If anyone feels an uncontrollable urge to have a pop at Plaid, I’d suggest maybe this wasn’t the best issue to do it with!

flipper
    Participant

Dose telling the truth make an idiot of oneself? It was the same old story about the iPads when Plaid were knocking my door asking for my vote. They just don’t seem to have anything else. Mabey I was a bit hasty but when you see it all over socia media it just gives the impression iPads and pay is going to solve everything, when we all know it’s not. We are all entitled to our opinion and to put the record straight i have no hatred of any party or affiliation but for heavens sake put forward something more substantial rather than iPads and pay we have heard it all before. Cuts to schools, country parks, social services the list goes on. Can you honestly think iPads and pay will solve everything. Do you think we are all idiots.

draiggoch
    Participant

Hasty yet again Flipper, there was a Plaid manifesto for Wrexham published in May, it included a whole range of local policy ideas, maybe have a read before being so quick to criticise? It’s also Plaid who are dragging the exact budget issues you mention through the scrutiny process, the budget hasn’t gone through scrutiny in Wrexham for years. It will now go to every committee and it has been a Plaid Councillor who has tabled that in all 5 committees, as well as demanding this is an automatic process from next year. You need to do your homework or expect corrections.

Council Watcher
    Participant

With £1.4 million allocated in the budget in Westminster this week — foes Wrexham still need to make their planned cuts?

The Speaking Truth
    Participant

[quote quote=140872]Hasty yet again Flipper, there was a Plaid manifesto for Wrexham published in May, it included a whole range of local policy ideas, maybe have a read before being so quick to criticise? It’s also Plaid who are dragging the exact budget issues you mention through the scrutiny process, the budget hasn’t gone through scrutiny in Wrexham for years. It will now go to every committee and it has been a Plaid Councillor who has tabled that in all 5 committees, as well as demanding this is an automatic process from next year. You need to do your homework or expect corrections.[/quote]

Did their manifesto cover the budget and how to manage it without making cuts? They’ve tabled at 5 committees but to what use? Just to look good and build their egos. Easy to do when you’re a tiny opposition!

jimbow
    Participant

Why have Plaid not done it before now?. They have had enough reps on the Council in years gone by.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News

Off-road motorcyclists ‘using their bikes dangerously’ warned they ‘will be seized’

News