Welsh Languge

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Welsh Languge

• Author

Daave63
    Participant

I wonder, wonder who? I wonder who? who? who wrote the book of love?

Sheefag
    Participant

The Jackos are kicking off I see.

zinger
    Participant

[quote quote=98365]The Jackos are kicking off I see.

[/quote]

Couldn’t be further from the truth in my case.

zinger
    Participant

Further to yesterdays communication, I was speaking to someone who was in Hatfield Colliery in Yorkshire, England yesterday where he noticed that all the signage was in English & Polish.

AMA Express
    Participant

During World War II, Prisoners of War found to have been coal miners in Germany, Poland or elsewhere, were drafted into the pits. A number of such prisoners were sent to Hatfield Main.

After the war was over, ex-miners/prisoners and stateless persons, such as Ukrainians, Poles, Czechs, Yugoslavians and Germans all found their way into the great fraternity of mining races and peoples.

http://www.minersadvice.co.uk/hatfieldmain.htm

zinger
    Participant

[quote quote=98420]During World War II, Prisoners of War found to have been coal miners in Germany, Poland or elsewhere, were drafted into the pits. A number of such prisoners were sent to Hatfield Main.

After the war was over, ex-miners/prisoners and stateless persons, such as Ukrainians, Poles, Czechs, Yugoslavians and Germans all found their way into the great fraternity of mining races and peoples.

http://www.minersadvice.co.uk/hatfieldmain.htm

[/quote]

I’m well impressed.

Daave63
    Participant

And so once again a thread changes direction like a Tory/Labour/LibDem?/YouKip/Paid Cymru etc etc back bencher making a U turn!

Is it just me, or has anyone else notice a debate on the Welsh Language, not one post in the afore mentioned dialect! Oh well, as I always say :’Uduwyn, un hoffi coffi!

AMA Express
    Participant

Why would anyone want to post in Winglish ? Hardly anyone understands it.

It’s a forum mate. Think of it like being in the pub. You start off talking about soemthing and go off at a tangent.

jok
    Participant

Being born in Wrexham of an Irish, Catholic father and a Welsh mother I was brought up within Catholicism. Most of my formative years were spend learning about the religion of the Catholic Church. The one thing I regret about this is the fact that I never had the opportunity to learn Welsh. I understand the fact that duplicating official documents incurs unnecessary expense but have you considered the possibility of the Welsh Government producing and supplying all documents in Welsh and everybody who is not Welsh speaking having to pay someone to fill in the forms for them because they can’t understand what is printed upon them. Even though I can’t speak Welsh I can read and pronounce words and translate them in some fashion into English. All of us who live in Wales should make some kind of effort towards being Welsh in whatever capacity we are capable of. If you can’t read the Welsh version of your official documents you could at least recycle them rather than put them in the bin. If you don’t like living in Wales and all it entails, LEAVE!!!!!!!!!!!

Sheefag
    Participant

[quote quote=98542] Most of my formative years were spend learning about the religion of the Catholic Church. [/quote]

What? All day?

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wrexham Council set to decide on 20mph ‘adjustments’ which ‘begin from September’

News

Wales’ fire authorities lack accountability amid harassment allegations, Senedd hears

News

Closure plan for Welshpool and Caernarfon Air Ambulance bases confirmed – with new base planned for ‘middle of North Wales’

News

Trading Standards warning over Facebook user “fraudulently advertising events locally”

News

The Ultimate Guide to Nickelodeon Resort Punta Cana

News

The Essential Guide to User Acceptance Testing (UAT)

News