Welsh Government enforcing 50mph A483 speed limit

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Welsh Government enforcing 50mph A483 speed limit

• Author

Matt
    Participant

[quote quote=148194]
    I think in some cases it would be far safer,you only have to walk down to the Gresford roundabout and the number of vehicles going though on red beggars belief,if the traffic lights were off,most sensible people would be taking a more cautious approach .[/quote]

The crux of the issue lies exactly on what you say “most sensible people would be taking a cautious approach” – most sensible people don’t jump red lights, so they are not the problem. These are the idiot drivers who jump the red lights and the same idiot drivers would pull out onto the Gresford roundabout on the narrowest of gaps, switch lanes & generally cause chaos, road rage and accidents.

If someone sensible makes a judgement call to pull out onto the roundabout when they perceive it to be their turn & idiot driver expects to be able to bulldoze in from another direction then there’s going to be an accident. At the very least a red light is going to curb some of the idiot drivers rather than giving them carte blanche to go Le Mans 24 onto the roundabout.

Likewise cautious driver doesn’t have to worry about making the wrong judgement call as they know they can pull out and get to the next section of the roundabout with very little interference or worry from idiot drivers (except the odd few you mentioned – who are breaking the law and deserve to be caught out and penalised accordingly for being a dangerous driver).

Also would be really interested to see what happens during rush hour, as I don’t think human judgement, timing, appropriate giving way etiquette etc… would be as efficient as automated timing for filtering through traffic. You have some situations that are practically cross roads where traffic wanting to go up Chester Road meets traffic wanting to come from the Holt dual carriageway direction. Who decides on how 2 near constant streams of traffic take turns to go through. Which direction has to give way?

Also what happens when too many people want to join the already busy roundabout from both off-ramps from the A483? If the traffic doesn’t yield people will soon be queuing back onto the A483, reducing it to single carriageway of moving traffic. Classic chaos in action. Just 1 false move and an accident shuts the whole system down. This is my rather pessimistic prediction anyway based on current driver behaviour around Wrexham.

wrexview
    Participant

Wonder if they will use average speed cameras, they seem to be very popular now.

wrexview
    Participant

Watch out for the average speed cameras all along the A5104 from Llandegla to Corwen, they are fairly new .

sausagemuncher
    Participant

Ahhh I’m sure its a Joke! Like they chicken sausages they are a joke too!

IMHO
    Participant

[quote quote=148211]Watch out for the average speed cameras all along the A5104 from Llandegla to Corwen, they are fairly new .[/quote]

Interesting, i use that road on my motorbike not that i go above the limit these days but it’s better to be aware.
    Thank’s for the heads up.

wrexview
    Participant

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/cars/951482/Motorway-speed-limit-UK-Wales-50mph

Looks like Wrexham is one of five areas in Wales including part of M4, surely motorways can’t be 50 mph limited !

Matt
    Participant

With Clr Bithell already expressing opposition locally, meaning the council are probably going to reject it out of hand, it’s going to be interesting as to whether or not our esteemed legislators from afar are going to enforce it on us just to appear compliant to court rulings.

AMA Express
    Participant

[quote quote=148238]<
    …. surely motorways can’t be 50 mph limited ![/quote]

Of course they can, and several already have sections that are permanently limited to 50mph.

Huw
    Participant

[quote quote=148172]All roads that run alongside urban developments should be limited to 50mph ,this would help reduce air plus noise pollution.I hope this is backed with average speed cameras.
    Restrict the use of traffic lights on junctions to busy times would help traffic flow and help reduce air pollutants from standing vehicles.
    Does not make any sense why the link road is not included in this plan for Wrexham.[/quote]

Absolutely spot on.
    Speed limits need reducing on every dual carriageway and motorway, especially where there are houses. This needs to be backed by adding average speed cameras.

Matt
    Participant

Would be very interested to know if all the people calling for a speed reduction on all dual carriageways & motorways practice what they preach & stick to strictly 50 mph on these stretches. Or ask others to slow down if being driven – for environmental reasons.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News