Well Done Helen, another winner!

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Well Done Helen, another winner!

• Author

Daave63
    Participant

In these auspisious times and with more cuts than a parinoid self harmer, Helen at the big house still comes up with another winner!
    My wife, my son and myself [and obviously everyother member of the electral roll have just recieved through the post a letter regarding a new way to vote – which is the same as before, to say we have been re-registered and do not have to take any further action. Well thanks for that – info on something I did’nt know about, care about, want to know about and also info about something I do not have to do anything about. Thanks Helen.

So whats my point you may ask? Well, each one franked costing about 50p, 3 in my house + £1.50, x 30 in the street thats at least… well ….er…about 43 quid!!

Times that figure by a lot of streets = a waste of money. Again. :eek:

99DylanJones
    Participant

I agree with the sentiments but don’t think that it is fair to single out an individual who is only ensuring that a legal process is carried out. Councils ave a legal duty to infm people that they are on the relevant list.
    The costs could very easily be reduced in this day of technology by collecting email addreses and mobil numbers for texting such unfmation. The automation of this type of data collection would not only eliminate postage costs but would also reduce the level of staff required.

Mike Davies
    Participant

I had a letter the other day, I was thinking that myself. Is it required to inform everybody or would a few noticed be OK? Maybe a message in the newspaper or similar. I don’t know the legalities of it so I don’t really know.

Ferret
    Participant

people still vote?

Rondetto
    Participant

I hope you noticed the part that says to ring up their number if you don’t want to be on the general list. That means if you don’t ring they can sell your details to all and sundry.

Darlofan
    Participant

@Rondetto 14506 wrote:

I hope you noticed the part that says to ring up their number if you don’t want to be on the general list. That means if you don’t ring they can sell your details to all and sundry.

I noticed that, thought about it then thought everybody under the sun can get my details so not much point.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Opportunity knocks for Wrexham brewery at major trade show

News

Man taken to hospital after incident at Brymbo property

News

Wrexham shoplifter jailed after city centre offences

News

Wrexham to take on Vancouver White Caps in ‘Wrex Coast Tour’

News

National Playday returning to Wrexham for a fun-filled day of activities!

News

Apartment plans for former Johnstown shop

News