Webchat with North Wales Police

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Webchat with North Wales Police

• Author

Insp Paul Wycherley
    Participant

[quote quote=96759]As we come to the end of all, or variations of all, questions that have been submitted I will use the opportunity to add my own pair!

First is predictably about restrictions on fans travelling to and from football matches in a so called ‘bubble’. This season it is sounding likely that Wrexham’s fans could be restricted for Tranmere and Chester games along with (non bubble) police restrictions at a fellow fans owned club FC United in a preseason game.

The question is the likes of Manchester and Liverpool derbies, and even Millwall, do not get bubbled so what makes us such a uniquely terrible set of fans that requires such policing bearing in mind the scale of crowds involved?

The question of whether ANY Wrexham game will use safe transport arrangements this season is yet to be made. North Wales Police, Cheshire Police and representatives of both clubs meet on Monday 20 July to discuss the forthcoming season. I am sure that the clubs will make their decisions then.
    With regard to other derbies, I am not privy to the intelligence that surrounds the other fixtures and so cant comment.

Paul Wycherley.

[/quote]

R T
    Keymaster

My second and the final question for this sessions is on the recent Legal Aid issues documented on Wrexham.com last week and the resulting ‘direct action’ by some in the legal profession locally.

Since the direct action started has it had any impact in any way at Wrexham police station, and if so, how?

Insp Paul Wycherley
    Participant

[quote quote=96761]My second and the final question for this sessions is on the recent Legal Aid issues documented on Wrexham.com last week and the resulting ‘direct action’ by some in the legal profession locally.

Since the direct action started has it had any impact in any way at Wrexham police station, and if so, how?

Yes it has. Prisoners who elect to receive free legal aid are being delayed because of a shortage of legal advisors. We are governed by set time limits on how long persons can be detained and so this action has increased pressures on us.
    Paul Wycherley.

R T
    Keymaster

Thats the lot for this Q&A!

As always we are thankful for the time put in to this from those who submitted questions, readers and of course the time and answers given from North Wales Police.

We aim to run these every month or two so if you missed out asking your question this time round dont forget to next – and as you can see we do ask everything put forward, and it does get answered…!

Insp Paul Wycherley
    Participant

[quote quote=96763]Thats the lot for this Q&A!

As always we are thankful for the time put in to this from those who submitted questions, readers and of course the time and answers given from North Wales Police.

We aim to run these every month or two so if you missed out asking your question this time round dont forget to next – and as you can see we do ask everything put forward, and it does get answered…!

Sgt Kneale and I are happy to use Wrexham.com to directly answer queries from the public. We answer the questions honestly and look forward to the next one!
    Best regards

Paul.

Wrecsam_lad
    Participant

[quote quote=96738]

<P>More of a statement than a question that has just come in on twitter just now: “we really struggle with motorbikes and scooters riding on the footpath outside the houses. Nearly hit my daughter!” What would be the right course for Jenny to take on this issue?</P>

I would urge anybody to report incidents such as this directly to the police control room on 101. We have recognised that there is an issue with individuals riding motorbikes and scooters, often without helmets, in an anti-social manner. It assists us greatly if full information can be passed such as descriptions of the riders and the machine and any registrations. This enables us to respond effectively along with our partners in the Local Authority CCTV office.

We recently ran a proactive operation in the Caia park area utilising specially trained officers riding off road motor bikes. In the past 3 weeks we have successfully seized 3 motorbikes and will actively seek to remove any machine driven in an anti-social manner.

PLEASE report these incidents and we will respond wherever possible. Alternatively pass the information to your local CBM or PCSO.

Sgt Simon Kneale

[/quote]
    We get teenagers riding motorbikes in an aggressive manner on our estate most days. It’s only a matter of time before a child playing in the street is hurt.. We never see a PCSO to report it to.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

National Playday returning to Wrexham for a fun-filled day of activities!

News

Apartment plans for former Johnstown shop

News

Wrexham Council awaits Welsh Government guidance on 20MPH changes and welcomes community input

News

New role for Big Nev as Gŵyl Wal Goch returns to Wrexham for 2024!

News

Hydro Announces £13m Investment in State-of-the-Art Scrap Sorting Facility at Wrexham Plant

News

Fearless fundraisers to scale their biggest challenge yet for children’s hospices

News