Severe gales are forecast for Friday:

Met Office Warnings Issued For:
    Wrexham

Yellow early warning of wind
    0010 on Fri 12 December
    To:
    1200 on Fri 12 December
    Updated 5 hours ago
    There is the potential for gales, or local severe gales, to develop across much of England and Wales during the first half of Friday, before easing by early afternoon. A band of heavy rain will accompany the low pressure system, this pushing quickly east through the day.

The public should be aware of the risk of disruption to travel and perhaps power supplies.

Andy
    Participant

And yet BBC internet weather is forecasting maximum wind speeds of 16 mph for Friday in Wrexham.

Rondetto
    Participant

Very odd, that link above is from the BBC site too.

Rob
    Participant

Met Office has us down as outskirts of the yellow warning but over the next few days it is heading further south.

The ‘bomb’ bit is actually a sort of used term it seems, I thought it was a Daily Express term! :D

Rondetto
    Participant

BBC have been using that expression all day.

johnhoppy
    Participant

I think its probably better known as winter.

Rob
    Participant

Winter Bomb sounds like a nice pudding, better than an arctic roll !

justjojo2011
    Participant

It doesn’t make any sense. They put us on a yellow warning the other day for snow and we never saw so much as a flake (thank god lol). I think they’re just making stuff up now to make themselves look clever.

pete
    Participant

It was mild (+10° from this morning) and drizzly about 5:30 this evening.

Overtaking lane of the A483 at Rhostyllen and Park Road in Rhosymedre were still part flooded though. Was there a biblical downpour earlier or can the roads just not cope with normal weather?!

harry
    Participant

And I bet some nob heads were still speeding along not adjusting their driving to the road/weather conditions

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News

New gym plans for Wrexham Industrial Estate could create 70 jobs

News

Wrexham man taking on London Marathon challenge for disabled skiers

News

Almost one in five people in Wales waiting to start NHS treatment

News

Wales Transport Secretary calls for targeted 20mph zones near schools and hospitals

News