Weather in Wrexham

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Weather in Wrexham

• Author

Rondetto
    Participant

:D:D You mean you don’t exercise your drinking arm now and then?

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

My one drink a week is well within the ladies limit lol

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

Have just taken a peek at the Queens Square web cam and the market is being set up and Cafe Nero is open for business. Am attempting to go to work one way or another. Wish me luck!

Rondetto
    Participant

Good luck. Not many in town, stalls are thin on the ground in Queens square, huge mounds of snow where the council have tried to make routes in the town centre, but the pavements are treacherous.

wrexview
    Participant

Wrexham Council staff deserve a huge thank you for all their hard work over the weekend. Not only have they opened and kept the main roads open but have helped clear hospital car parks and even helped by clearing the Glyndrw car park to aid those leaving town yesterday for Wembley. With today’s bitter wind and hard frost we are nowhere near out of the woods yet , so keep an eye out for elderly neighbours, who may well need to replenish food now. Untreated pavements are lethal!

Rondetto
    Participant

I must agree with your sentiments, the town roads are now passable, it’s just the side roads and pavements that are bad now.

wrexview
    Participant

Our thanks should also go to the Emergency Services. I have just seen an ambulance driver having to dig a pathway into a house , a neighbour also pitched in. They must have had an almost impossible job in the few days , how thankful those who have needed their services must feel knowing they will get help and a snow mountain is no deterrent!

Rondetto
    Participant

True, they’ve battled through some horrendous conditions. I saw Police, ambulance and fire services on Mold road this morning after a road accident.

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

I believe the council cleared the Maelor’s car park so praise where it’s due. We knock them for many different reasons but they do a good job when it counts.

The pavements are a bit treacherous but I managed to stay on my feet.

Rondetto
    Participant

Yep, I nearly went a few times in town, the pavements looked wet but it was actually ice.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Proposals submitted to turn Wrexham beauty salon into children’s home

News

Friends take on 45-mile ultramarathon to raise funds for mental health charity

News

Three arrested over ‘intent to supply Class B drugs’

News

16 year old charged with range of driving offences in Rhos

News

A view from Wrexham’s Member of Parliament

News

Wrexham University announce Professor Joe Yates as new Vice-Chancellor