WCBC Zero Hour Contract?

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum WCBC Zero Hour Contract?

• Author

Llayby lilly
    Participant

Hi All,

Am I right in thinking WCBC is advertising a zero hour contract job?

Please see:

http://www.internal.wrexham.gov.uk/intranet/facilities/vacancycms/vacancy_wp.cfm?v_id=421687B1-04D6-B66C-6E440526F951353E&page=view

Matt
    Participant

That’s an internal intranet URL so the good folks of the rest of the internet can’t see it – getting a 404.

Trouble at the old mill – council workers criticising the council from within – seems to be a lot of that lately – well done WCBC.

Llayby lilly
    Participant

Its a question NOT a criticism? Some people are so fragile.

Matt
    Participant

That’s called an interpretation of what you are posting – this is the place people come to criticise the council plus people very rarely have anything good to say about zero hours contracts.

Plus your question can only be answered by other council workers who can access the internal council intranet, so perhaps you have posted it on the wrong place and is a question to pose to HR instead?

Matt
    Participant

There was something in this article about care workers in Wrexham being on zero hours contracts from July – but possibly these are third party agency workers.

Wrexham domiciliary care survey results disputed as questions raised over DBS and reference checks

AMA Express
    Participant

They’ve been advertising for Self-Employed Support Workers, pick your own hours, for some time. Is that what you mean ?

Llayby lilly
    Participant

Ahh thanks guys for the info. My friend sent me the link via facebook and posed the question to me, I wasn’t sure so posted the link and question on here. Upshot is he’s going to apply for it anyhow. I have also advised him to speak with HR.
    Thanx
    Lilly

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News