WCBC Wasting Money

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum WCBC Wasting Money

• Author

Alunh
    Participant

@BenjaminM 11874 wrote:

An expected chastisement from my wannabe nemesis although I do accept some of his text…. in part.
    I do not object to contributors expressing an opinion, relevant or not, but what does irritate me intensely, is when the same thing is said repeatedly in more or less the same words on numerous occasions.
    The average intelligence of contributors (judging by the lucidity and content of posts) is quite high. It does all of us a disservice when we are constantly bombarded by repetition after repetition of the same worn out mantra as if we had the collective intelligence of an amoeba.
    As I was always taught, one good morning in a day is enough for anybody.
    In your own business Alun, do you have to play a CD constantly before the words become familiar to you? I would like to think not.
    The analogy is there if it would only be recognised.

Firstly, most ‘normal’ people don’t read the posts each day and, rather like Sky News, will pick up an argument when they do.

Secondly, in my business, repetition is King. Advertising an idea is a constant and rather similar to absorbing the Times Tables in school. Do you really think people take on board an idea with one stab at it? If you do, try and persuade the Advertising agencies of the same.

Thirdly, I play the same tracks over and over and NEVER EVER absorb the lyrics. It actually is quite funny (no really) that you would mention this one thing because I never absorb lyrics.

Fourthly, we were always told in teaching to assume that everyone is as thick as pig’s poo………..so eventually the penny would drop if it was repeated.

Fifthly, most people actually modify their points as they develop their points.

Lastly, the word nemesis is an anagram of “Is Semen”…….just thought you might not know that trinket of info

john brown
    Participant

whatever happened to that chap the council employed a few years ago on 80k a year, the one who was going to save the council a million in transport? costs.

any one know if he succeeded?

lazyjack
    Participant

I’m not sure but my guess is he didn’t save the council what was expected but he’s still there on 80k + per year.

99DylanJones
    Participant

I think you will find that the said consultant actually did a very good job and looked at all aspects of transport in WCBC and identified in the region of £800k by completely reorganizing everything from school transport (nearly 1000 separate taxi contracts used to exist),through to the Mayors car. His downfall was that he also included the travel mileage for Council Members, mangers and staff — this was fatal as it was going to affect the decision makers in the Council- he actually dug too deep. Time the report was released under an FOI as it has been firmly buried under a carpet in the Guildhall.

lazyjack
    Participant

@99DylanJones 11922 wrote:

I think you will find that the said consultant actually did a very good job and looked at all aspects of transport in WCBC and identified in the region of £800k by completely reorganizing everything from school transport (nearly 1000 separate taxi contracts used to exist),through to the Mayors car. His downfall was that he also included the travel mileage for Council Members, mangers and staff — this was fatal as it was going to affect the decision makers in the Council- he actually dug too deep. Time the report was released under an FOI as it has been firmly buried under a carpet in the Guildhall.

Credit where it’s due, just a shame his work was not followed through when it started to affect the establishment.

locallad
    Participant

If we are talking about wasting Money,why are WCBC still paying nearly £400,000k a year for PSCOs.That money could be used for essential services that are under threat.If North Wales Police want cheap policing let them pay for it out of the council tax that we already pay to them.They are getting 2 lots of money for 1 service.

zinger
    Participant

I am not sure which dept. the road signage comes under but do we need to have so many speed limit signs? On the Llay and Mold roads it is ridiculous. Car parking signage in Wrexham is the same. Who pays for speed bumps to be put in place then taken up and then replaced again? I suppose that this is Highways but it still comes out of our money.

zinger
    Participant

How much money was wasted on applying for city status? Did anyone actually come out and tell us the pro’s & con’s all on the same sheet of paper?
    How much money would be saved if council properties were maintained regularly instead of being allowed to get into such a state of disrepair that things need to be replaced.
    Couldn’t social housing tenants on benefits be loaned equipment to keep their gardens tidy. It may be that then they could grow food for themselves.

Chris
    Participant

I dont if its worthy of its own thread but another example of how WCBC spends our money Security For Town Eyesore Costs Over £20k | Wrexham.com

BenjaminM
    Participant

@Chris 11958 wrote:

I dont if its worthy of its own thread but another example of how WCBC spends our money Security For Town Eyesore Costs Over £20k | Wrexham.com

Another example of selective reporting where Wrexham.com have only published information that is intended to cause dissent and portray WCBC in an unfavourable light.
    No mention has been made of the reasons for the security measures being implemented (although they have been promulgated) or as to why WCBC as owners of the properties on Grosvenor Rd are responsible for the ongoing business rate until a purchaser has been found. Or do you think they should be treated differently?
    I, for one, smell a rat as to the real reason for the FOI request. Was it made on a ‘nice to know’ basis or for some other reason? Now that would be interesting to know!
    I also note there has not been one mention of the fact that WCBC have managed to achieve the lowest percentage increase in Council Tax in the whole of Wales, without resorting to the ‘advice’ of the armchair economists who frequent these forums.
    Perhaps it is now time that in the interest of fairness, the balance should be redressed.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News

Off-road motorcyclists ‘using their bikes dangerously’ warned they ‘will be seized’

News