WCBC OKTOBERFEST

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum WCBC OKTOBERFEST

• Author

RhosdduCowboy
    Participant

As usual, a complete lack of awareness from the Council. October 2018 has been designated ‘Stay sober for October’ in aid of the MacMillan Trust. It is a National Event. The same month as Wrexham hosts Oktoberfest Beer Festival. Although WCBC aren’t sponsoring Oktoberfest they will be getting a fee for renting Llynn Isaf for the event lasting four days. I urge local Councillors to pledge any profit made to the MacMillan Trust.

Sheefag
    Participant

Enjoy your outrage.

AMA Express
    Participant

Given that the first Oktoberfest was held in OCTOBER 1810 and has been a worldwide tradition, I think the MacMillan Trust should have given a bit more thought to their decision to declare the Stay Sober For October campaign.

RhosdduCowboy
    Participant

Fair point well presented. But you’d rather celebrate a hundred & eight year old plastic Bavarian booze up driven by profit? I only suggested WCBC donate it’s revenue for renting Llyn Isaf to Macmillan Cancer Trust.

When was the last time Oktoberfest was held in WREXHAM? Never! And you think MacMillan should check with WCBC what’s occurring in October? Please tell me you’re joking because if you are you’ve had me hook, line & sinker.

Should Macmillan ditch ‘Sober for October’ because of Halloween? We’ve only been celebrating that every October for the last 2,000 years. I’d rather help the fight against cancer than attend a plastic excuse for a Thunderhawk Blowout celebrating some old Bavarian marriage….but that’s my choice (and yours).

Bavarians aren’t that well known for their contributions to global advancement are they? Exceptions being the printing press (Laser/Digital print and programming is my bag), the coffee filter, the accordion and the Doodlebug which was designed by a Bavarian on the orders of a Bavarian who was quite possibly the most deranged and evil creature to walk this earth. He also attended a few Oktoberfests in his student days before writing Mein Kampf but best not to associate that in any way. Have one for me!

The RhosdduCowboy rides again
    Down Rhosddu Road Up Pen y Bryn
    Sat astride the faithful Trigger
    Righting wrongs with aplomb and vigor.

AMA Express
    Participant

Hugh Bet
    Participant

Is not there some games of rugby and football games through this period which would somewhat discourage the no drink campaign?

Sheefag
    Participant

‘ALL ABOARD’

Matt
    Participant

Calling Mike Godwin – your law has been triggered.

P.s. In your write-up how dare you forget Bavarian white sausages, the Bavarian mountain hound, 3 popes, Henry Kissinger and Levi Strauss.

AMA Express
    Participant

I’m sure the fella was Austrian, not Bavarian.

RhosdduCowboy
    Participant

Love it!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News

New gym plans for Wrexham Industrial Estate could create 70 jobs

News

Wrexham man taking on London Marathon challenge for disabled skiers

News

Almost one in five people in Wales waiting to start NHS treatment

News

Wales Transport Secretary calls for targeted 20mph zones near schools and hospitals

News