WCBC Merger – Splits in Welsh Labour?

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum WCBC Merger – Splits in Welsh Labour?

• Author

JW
    Participant

Pleased to see WCBC have rejected (again) the proposal to merge WCBC with Flintshire.

I was surprised to see WCBC’s Labour Party group leader, Cllr Dana Davies publicly support the rejection too.

With Skates tipping his toes in the water for FM, I’d be interested to know what he & Wrexham AM, Lesley Griffiths think about the Labour group publicly rejecting Welsh Labour’s proposal.

Council Watcher
    Participant

I think we shall park all our particular political affiliations and actually compare the quality of services provided by each Council — such as Education, Social Care, Housing, Roads etc

If one county is better performing than another wouldn’t it be best that the one delivering the highest quality takes over the other. Looking at the issue of mergers based on the quality of services means there could be a win-win in both counties as there could better quality in either / both counties.

If we keep looking at Political footprints then we will never progress and where there are poor services they will remain poor as it shows there are either poor management areas or lack of investment. Vote for better services rather a particular Political Party proposal.

redpassion
    Participant

More chance of turkeys voting for Christmas than 52 Wrexham County Councillors agreeing to any merger with another Council.NIMBY.

steveg
    Participant

So this Tory Council favours an “enlarged Wrexham”? They can’t run the existing Wrexham.

Council Watcher
    Participant

If I lived in the areas that Wrexham would like to take control over I would be starting to object to my local Councilor and make it very clear that you don’t want to be part of Wrexham.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Plans Submitted to Create Studio Flat Above Wrexham Fast Food Restaurant

News

Football Banning Order issued to Wrexham man for ‘pyro offences’

News

Ambulance Service ‘expecting the Bank Holiday period to be a busy one for us’

News

Reminder to check for Schools Essentials Grant before window closes at end of May

News

Wrexham AFC Women Awarded first UEFA License and FAW Tier 1 License renews for 2024/25 Season

News

“Disrespectful” easter egg hunt in cemetery cancelled after backlash

News