Wcbc free meals

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Wcbc free meals

• Author

anon
    Participant

The council will spend money on feeding school children during half term but wont do the jobs we pay them for such as maintenance of roads, lighting, drains etc. Typical council. They are also going to waste our money on the crown buildings, they said they have applied for planning which they will grant themselves and its obvious its going to happen as they put the fence up before it was announced. The plans I have seen are a building which is not in keeping with others in the area and will just look unsightly.

Matt
    Participant

The money for free school meals during the holidays was provided as part of an £11m package across Wales handed out by the Welsh Government. So the money provided to WCBC for this is for this purpose only and can’t be spent on anything else.

The issue of the lack of spend on roads, lighting and drains has been going on for years and of much discussion on the forums. I suspect a lot of it is to do with the continued austerity for Councils across the UK as we always hit a funding shortfall every year and cuts are rife. I expect this will be one of the worst years in recent history as Council Tax receipts will be down significantly as people are unable to work and therefore their ability to pay.

TimRegency
    Participant

Yes, George Osborne’s unprecedented council budget cuts. Strongly endorsed by Tory votes.

JaneJ
    Participant

We’ve got to hope that we don’t have a bad weather winter if we do the potholes will grow the size of sink holes.

Councillor X
    Participant

I can remember when there was a giant pothole outside Wetherspoons and poor Mrs Councillor X and her mobility scooter fell into it.

I was in such a panic but went straight out to help her after i finished my pint of Old Leghumper and a whisky chaser.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

County Lines drug dealers targeted as part of major police operation

News

Clwyd South MS gives ringing endorsement to church bell restoration bid

News

Works on New Broughton housing development set to begin in spring

News

North Wales chief constable backs new Police Anti-Corruption and Abuse Reporting Service

News

Welsh gaming professionals flying the flag at “instrumental” US conference

News

What to expect with new first minister set to be appointed and cabinet reshuffle on the horizon

News