WCBC Budget Cuts – Kerbcraft

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum WCBC Budget Cuts – Kerbcraft

• Author

michellecook
    Participant

Good turnout for the meeting at Guildhall this morning. Wrexham council still giving out the “nothing has been decided” BS. Interestingly Neil Rogers, Dr Paterson and J Bradbury are sending out identical letters (same as email above :rolleyes:) if nothing has been decided, then why has the member of staff been given an end date for their employment? Sounds pretty much a done deal to me.

So, Wrexham County Borough Council, I know you are reading this, we would like the TRUTH.

thewayneinspain
    Participant
    michellecook;3852 wrote:
    Good turnout for the meeting at Guildhall this morning. Wrexham council still giving out the “nothing has been decided” BS. Interestingly Neil Rogers, Dr Paterson and J Bradbury are sending out identical letters (same as email above :rolleyes:) if nothing has been decided, then why has the member of staff been given an end date for their employment? Sounds pretty much a done deal to me.

So, Wrexham County Borough Council, I know you are reading this, we would like the TRUTH.

have you sent an email to them asking the same thing?

it’s a done deal and as per usual they’re pass the buck to the assembly.

michellecook
    Participant

@thewayneinspain 3854 wrote:

have you sent an email to them asking the same thing?

it’s a done deal and as per usual they’re pass the buck to the assembly.

Yes, and a letter has been handed in to Chief Exec, no doubt standard response will be given, I could probably write it myself.

thewayneinspain
    Participant
    michellecook;3857 wrote:
    Yes, and a letter has been handed in to Chief Exec, no doubt standard response will be given, I could probably write it myself.

no doubt people will vote them in next time, irrespective that they will responsible if an unthinkable tragedy occurs.

michellecook
    Participant

For anyone following this story, there have been a few interesting developments.

During the gathering yesterday Mark Pritchard came out of the Guildhall and apparently told a few people we had “no reason to be there”, that we were “jumping the gun”. He told me he was there “to observe”.

I’ve now been sent this

thewayneinspain
    Participant
    michellecook;3878 wrote:
    For anyone following this story, there have been a few interesting developments.

During the gathering yesterday Mark Pritchard came out of the Guildhall and apparently told a few people we had “no reason to be there”, that we were “jumping the gun”. He told me he was there “to observe”.

I’ve now been sent this

disappointing behaviour from the councillors!

did anyone get a phone video of mark pritchard?

if yes,get it up on youtube.
    if no, remember to film next time as a video speaks a 10,000 words.

when filming -always remain calm and polite, whilst reminding the speaker that they have dodged the question!

thewayneinspain
    Participant

connected to the role of the authorities in the horsemeat scandal…

You may want to get a solicitor to read article 2 of the european convention of human rights in relation to the interpretation that it infers the requirement of the authorities to ensure preventative measures are taken to protect citizens.

michellecook
    Participant

Thanks Wayne, its an avenue to explore if we need to. Wonder if we have any volunteers that are solicitors? We have doctors and dentists, so possibly.

Sent another email to councillors last night requesting answers, so we’ll see. Also, haven’t seen it yet, but apparently there is an article about Friday in the Leader.

michellecook
    Participant

Still no real response from our so called councillors (thank you to the handful that have responded).

I’ve been given permission to collect petition signatures in Eagles Meadow on Saturday so if you are around, why not come say Hello and support our cause.

Don’t think a lot of people realise that unless you live in what the council considers a “deprived area” your child/grandchild/niece/nephew etc is going to lose out.

Alunh
    Participant

I find these sort of issues really difficult. Years ago, there would have been no need for Kerbcraft or anything like it. This was a job performed by Mums and/or Dads and cost the tax payer nothing. The same logic as this scheme applies to school breakfasts where Mums did the job.

Society has obviously changed and many of these core tasks have been taken on board by the state. The state has now run out of money. Local and national governments are now scrambling around for cash. Voila.

Unfortunately, the debate has to be how best to allocate scarce resources, where is the need greatest and which things should now be passed back to the individual and the family.

I suspect that however local Councillors play this issue, they are on a sticky wicket.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

National Playday returning to Wrexham for a fun-filled day of activities!

News

Apartment plans for former Johnstown shop

News

Wrexham Council awaits Welsh Government guidance on 20MPH changes and welcomes community input

News

New role for Big Nev as Gŵyl Wal Goch returns to Wrexham for 2024!

News

Hydro Announces £13m Investment in State-of-the-Art Scrap Sorting Facility at Wrexham Plant

News

Fearless fundraisers to scale their biggest challenge yet for children’s hospices

News