WCBC annual Feb/ Mar roadworks farce

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum WCBC annual Feb/ Mar roadworks farce

• Author

Darlofan
    Participant

@Chris 4216 wrote:

Ref 483 think this is last junction to be done.as this is oldest part concrete barriers are to protect workforce

They are replacing the metal arnco barriers around the bridge supports like they did at jct5 last year. As Chris has said there is the Llay bridge and another 1 towards jct 3 to do yet which is worrying. At 10 weeks a bridge that’s 40weeks in total that a small section of the 483 will have been closed. And that’s without the resurfacing,grass cutting and tree topping that goes on every year!!!

Chris
    Participant

Just an update ref Felin Puleston bridge. Plans are in place to erect a Bailey Bridge for pedestrians (might be starting next week)

Chris
    Participant

Think work starts tonight as road is closed from 19:00.

Andy
    Participant

Felin Puleston bridge is now open to 2 way traffic. So we had 3 months of lights and delays at this bridge and all that was needed was ONE NIGHT’S WORK to resolve it. So why wasn’t it done 3 months ago? Lots of rumours abound about what has happened but the powers that be keep stum.

Chris
    Participant

@Andy 6487 wrote:

Felin Puleston bridge is now open to 2 way traffic. So we had 3 months of lights and delays at this bridge and all that was needed was ONE NIGHT’S WORK to resolve it. So why wasn’t it done 3 months ago? Lots of rumours abound about what has happened but the powers that be keep stum.

My worry is how long we have this bailey bridge as they don’t come cheap. I would not be surprised for it to be on hire for the following twelve months,

zinger
    Participant

Something that is puzzling me is that if the bridge is structurally unsound, why did they put up a bailey bridge for pedestrians? I would have thought that the weight of vehicles would have been more problematic. My young granddaughter said that it doesn’t make much sense & I have to agree with her.

Chris
    Participant

The footpath was an addition to the bridge, it is this addition which is unsound.

zinger
    Participant

@Chris 6571 wrote:

The footpath was an addition to the bridge, it is this addition which is unsound.

Sounds about right.

Andy
    Participant

They have strengthened the bridge with a girder. This takes up the footpath so a walkway has been installed on top.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Level crossing safety plea to North Wales holidaymakers this Easter

News

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News