WCBC annual Feb/ Mar roadworks farce

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum WCBC annual Feb/ Mar roadworks farce

• Author

NJones
    Participant

here we go again with the annual WCBC roadworks farce spending all the money before the end of the tax year. Roadworks on bypass until end of March, resurfacing in various locations, one accident and the town is gridlocked.

You can’t tell me that WCBC actually plan their roadworks?!

jimbow
    Participant

@NJones 3918 wrote:

here we go again with the annual WCBC roadworks farce spending all the money before the end of the tax year. Roadworks on bypass until end of March, resurfacing in various locations, one accident and the town is gridlocked.

You can’t tell me that WCBC actually plan their roadworks?!

I believe that Wrexham Council use a ladder system for promotion.The way it works is they promote people a rung at a time until they reach the rung at which they can not do the job.Instead of moving them back down a rung,it seems Wrexham Council leave them on the rung where they are unable to do the job properly.This maybe one reason for the bad organisation.

Darlofan
    Participant

It needs looking into quickly. The town is at a standstill twice a day. Council reply on Facebook to complaints was they put signs up in advance to warn motorists. No warning was given on the bypass. Also it seems like concrete barriers are being put under the Ruthin bridge like they did last year under the Mold/Wrexham bridge. Would it not have made sense to do both at once?
    Up here in Penycae as well Afoneitha road had a pothole after the snow, it was there a fortnight before 2guys turned up spent 10mins filling it and 50mins warming up with tea and catching up with the news from the Daily Star. 2 days later the works to resurface the road started. These works were scheduled as signs were up for a week. That 100yd part took 5 days to resurface as well which is approx 4days too long.

lazyjack
    Participant

I’ve been along the A483 today, to and from Oswestry. Not surprising really but there’s not a workman in sight. Why isn’t road improvement work done 7 days a week ? The big jobs would get done so much quicker.

Also, why not do more work during April – October, with longer daylight hours ? Not rocket science is it ?

DIEARD
    Participant

Why can’t roads be done over night when they are empty?

lazyjack
    Participant

@DIEARD 4002 wrote:

Far too sensible for Wxm Council, wouldn’t cause anywhere near enough chaos on the roads.

beedar
    Participant

If you want to see a case of total buffoonery look no further than the Cefn Road escapade

thewayneinspain
    Participant

Has anyone contacted the councillors responsible for roadworks in the town?

It’s their job to scrutinise and therefore their failing.

NJones
    Participant

@DIEARD 4002 wrote:

They won’t pay the overtime!

harry
    Participant

Drove thru the road works on the A483 this morning adding an extra 10 – 15mis to my journey. Guess how many workmen I saw at 09:15am? ZERO!!!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News