Waterworld Up For Closure – Possible New Facility

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Waterworld Up For Closure – Possible New Facility

• Author

zinger
    Participant

Now this I do agree with, Lazyjack. Do you think that there might be plans for another lot of affordable homes on the agenda or another new supermarket? If you think about it, including the car park there is quite a lot of space there if the leisure centre were to be demolished. It is a prime piece of building land due to closeness to the bypass and already having houses there. If the developers move in there is no telling what will happen. Sure as eggs the land won’t stand empty for long.

jimbow
    Participant

Have you thought of HOMES for Prison Officers?

jimbow
    Participant

There has to be an incentive to a prison officer to move to Wrexham’s new prison.I do not know how many officers are required but they certainly need homes.

zinger
    Participant

Are they not going to be recruited and trained locally? :-)

jimbow
    Participant

@zinger 11918 wrote:

Are they not going to be recruited and trained locally? :-)

Your guess is as good as mine.Can we believe what they tell us?

99DylanJones
    Participant

Very few of the Prison Officer positions will be new– the opening of Wxm Prison will result in 3 others closed in Liverpool, Manchester and Stafford area. Many of the ‘domestic’ jobs – kitchen, cleaning etc will be undertaken by prisoners as part of their rehabilitation.

zinger
    Participant

So remind me. Why did we need a prison in Wrexham? What is the benefit to Wrexham? Don’t tell me that we have more criminals than the areas where the prisons are closing.

99DylanJones
    Participant

The facility is a regional prison — it is not just for Wrexham or North Wales — the whole Prison Service reform of the prisons across the UK has resulted in the one coming to Wrexham.
    Wrexham is approximately one hours drive time from three of the locations that have either closed or due for closure.

99DylanJones
    Participant

Getting back to the theme of the thread- Council Scrutiny have this afternoon referred
    the Leisure Centre closure back to the Executive and the Budget meting this evening has been very heated.
    Councilors today have realized that they have to be accountable to the people of Wrexham and not just to their Political Party. Politicians are elected to represent the electorate not toe party lines.
    Councilors who have found themselves in the middle of a political hot potato are being paid so they should seek ALL facts to make decisions

Chris
    Participant

Just seen the hours Waterworld is open during the schoo hols. No two days are the same. Five different sessions on one day. Learner pool open different times to main pool Its as if they are trying to drive customers away.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Employees smash Manchester Marathon in aid of North East Wales Mind

News

Calls for urgent clarity of future of nuclear energy developments in North Wales

News

A view from Wrexham’s Member of the Senedd

News

Welsh Government funding for children’s hospices not enough, says sector leader

News

College’s celebration of education and diversity goes from strength to strength

News

Clean energy projects ‘harming’ rural Wales, warns Conservative MS

News