Waste of money and resources

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Waste of money and resources

• Author

Andy
    Participant

For a second night this week gritters are out round Wrexham. Its raining and 6 deg C with a forecast of rain showers. What’s going on?

Andy
    Participant

Ok it got down to 2 deg C but the rain washed most of the grit away.

KKOB
    Participant

Dammed if they do, dammed if they don’t.

wrexview
    Participant

The Council were right it did freeze last night , had to clean the frost off my car windscreen this morning!

angryShopper
    Participant

What tickles me, is the guys who drive the gritters, are the guys who drive the bin lorries…. but for driving gritters, it’s double time, and on call pay, and it’s 2 guys per truck, etc etc, it’s a very expensive do…

attach a plough and a bucket of grit to the bin lorries?

thewayneinspain
    Participant

@angryShopper 2913 wrote:

What tickles me, is the guys who drive the gritters, are the guys who drive the bin lorries…. but for driving gritters, it’s double time, and on call pay, and it’s 2 guys per truck, etc etc, it’s a very expensive do…

attach a plough and a bucket of grit to the bin lorries?

Are you saying that those who go out and effectively save lives whilst you are in the warmth of the pub should not be rewarded?

Gritters are out during the night to protect roads from freezing, dustbin lorries are out during normal workday hours. The drivers should be rewarded for getting money for working unsocial hours.

can you argue your case for something different rather than publish unproven accusations?

NJones
    Participant

The other year WCBC made a mess of the rotas and binmen had to go out and drive gritters while gritter drivers did the bins. That’s when a lot of the bins got missed and if I recall a gritter was turned over!

angryShopper
    Participant

It’s all the same crew now, it’s not binmen/ gritters / grass cutters etc etc, it’s all one team, was changed over a few years ago,

and a gritter truck, is a heavy beast designed to drive on ice and snow, they weigh like 30 tonne, it’s not like a car 1 and a half tone sliding around, they grip,

angryShopper
    Participant

@thewayneinspain 2914 wrote:

Are you saying that those who go out and effectively save lives whilst you are in the warmth of the pub should not be rewarded?

Gritters are out during the night to protect roads from freezing, dustbin lorries are out during normal workday hours. The drivers should be rewarded for getting money for working unsocial hours.

can you argue your case for something different rather than publish unproven accusations?

WCBC: Environmental Services – Address, Telephone and Email Information

Give them a call, ask who does what, then come back and talk about prove with me x

thewayneinspain
    Participant

@angryShopper 2942 wrote:

WCBC: Environmental Services – Address, Telephone and Email Information

Give them a call, ask who does what, then come back and talk about prove with me x

you’ve dodged the questions.

They were …

1. Are you saying that those who go out and effectively save lives whilst you are in the warmth of the pub should not be rewarded?

2. can you argue your case for something different rather than publish unproven accusations?

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Proposals submitted to turn Wrexham beauty salon into children’s home

News

Friends take on 45-mile ultramarathon to raise funds for mental health charity

News

Three arrested over ‘intent to supply Class B drugs’

News

16 year old charged with range of driving offences in Rhos

News

A view from Wrexham’s Member of Parliament

News

Wrexham University announce Professor Joe Yates as new Vice-Chancellor