Waste of money and resources

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Waste of money and resources

  • Author
    Posts
  • #53805

    Andy
    Participant

    For a second night this week gritters are out round Wrexham. Its raining and 6 deg C with a forecast of rain showers. What’s going on?

    #58051

    Andy
    Participant

    Ok it got down to 2 deg C but the rain washed most of the grit away.

    #58048

    KKOB
    Member

    Dammed if they do, dammed if they don’t.

    #58043

    wrexview
    Participant

    The Council were right it did freeze last night , had to clean the frost off my car windscreen this morning!

    #58052

    angryShopper
    Member

    What tickles me, is the guys who drive the gritters, are the guys who drive the bin lorries…. but for driving gritters, it’s double time, and on call pay, and it’s 2 guys per truck, etc etc, it’s a very expensive do…

    attach a plough and a bucket of grit to the bin lorries?

    #58044

    @angryshopper 2913 wrote:

    What tickles me, is the guys who drive the gritters, are the guys who drive the bin lorries…. but for driving gritters, it’s double time, and on call pay, and it’s 2 guys per truck, etc etc, it’s a very expensive do…

    attach a plough and a bucket of grit to the bin lorries?

    Are you saying that those who go out and effectively save lives whilst you are in the warmth of the pub should not be rewarded?

    Gritters are out during the night to protect roads from freezing, dustbin lorries are out during normal workday hours. The drivers should be rewarded for getting money for working unsocial hours.

    can you argue your case for something different rather than publish unproven accusations?

    #58050

    NJones
    Participant

    The other year WCBC made a mess of the rotas and binmen had to go out and drive gritters while gritter drivers did the bins. That’s when a lot of the bins got missed and if I recall a gritter was turned over!

    #58053

    angryShopper
    Member

    It’s all the same crew now, it’s not binmen/ gritters / grass cutters etc etc, it’s all one team, was changed over a few years ago,

    and a gritter truck, is a heavy beast designed to drive on ice and snow, they weigh like 30 tonne, it’s not like a car 1 and a half tone sliding around, they grip,

    #58054

    angryShopper
    Member

    @thewayneinspain 2914 wrote:

    Are you saying that those who go out and effectively save lives whilst you are in the warmth of the pub should not be rewarded?

    Gritters are out during the night to protect roads from freezing, dustbin lorries are out during normal workday hours. The drivers should be rewarded for getting money for working unsocial hours.

    can you argue your case for something different rather than publish unproven accusations?

    WCBC: Environmental Services – Address, Telephone and Email Information

    Give them a call, ask who does what, then come back and talk about prove with me x

    #58045

    @angryshopper 2942 wrote:

    WCBC: Environmental Services – Address, Telephone and Email Information

    Give them a call, ask who does what, then come back and talk about prove with me x

    you’ve dodged the questions.

    They were …

    1. Are you saying that those who go out and effectively save lives whilst you are in the warmth of the pub should not be rewarded?

    2. can you argue your case for something different rather than publish unproven accusations?

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.