Warfare against fly posters in Wrexham Town Centre

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Warfare against fly posters in Wrexham Town Centre

• Author

Bish
    Participant

Empty shops are an eyesore without the posters, at least they brighten them up a bit.

Daave63
    Participant

Ok, good points, can the mighty TC forum not contact the mt shop agents and along with local schools in Wxm get some murals done to cover the inside of the windows!
    Then, a; brighten up the place, b; possibly deter fly posters, c; encourage children/parents to visit and respect the TC, d; offer a more attractive TC to possible investors.
    I’m not a consultant though, but give me £50 grand and I will produce a 100 page report to convince Councillors of my brilliance and radical ideas!!
    Just the thoughts of a very simple man.

99DylanJones
    Participant

Sorry Dave63 your offfer will not be accepted by the Council — unless you are going to charge £1,000 per page for your report they will think you are unqualified. Submit a cost of £100K and you have a good chance to be offered a contract

BenjaminM
    Participant

It makes me wonder sometimes why, when the topic is raised in a jocular manner at the TC Forum (incidentally an talking shop not particularly well known for sound initiatives), it suddenly becomes a major issue to some?
    The flippant suggestion by Daave63 regarding murals has actually been done in some parts of the UK to great effect.
    I am sorry, but I actually think that there are more fundamental considerations to be explored if Wrexham is to be a ‘must go’ destination.

Alunh
    Participant

I’m sure you’re right about the relative importance of this matter Benjamin. That said, if we accept that there are big questions and small questions to deal with, this is still a problem. Often at the end of a Town Centre Forum meeting someone will bring up a matter like a light-bulb not working (or similar) and if it actually gets reported- as in the case of the fly-posters- it does seem that the Forum is preoccupied with very little.

In this particular case, Nigel Lewis (as Chair of the TCF) has tried to get all of the partners in the Town Centre to think of the many ways in which the town can be brought up to standard…..this being one of them. For those of us who subscribe to the ‘Broken Window’ theory, I think it is a valuable thing to ponder on

Daave63
    Participant

I wasn’t being flippant! But I can be!! :)

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News

New gym plans for Wrexham Industrial Estate could create 70 jobs

News