Warfare against fly posters in Wrexham Town Centre

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Warfare against fly posters in Wrexham Town Centre

• Author

Daave63
    Participant

With regard to the report of the Town Centre Forum’s warfare against fly posters, someone please correct me if I’m missing something here, but why can’t the Council or shop owners prosecute the illegal fly posters through the courts?, the evidence is clearly there and the name and address of the activity or venue plain to see to anyone.

Jamsindahouse
    Participant

I think the problem is they have no one to prosecute. The event holders themselves will claim the posters were not put up by them directly, that is if they are still around by the time it got to court :S

I would be surprised though if the people putting up the posters were not caught on the CCTV around Wrexham.

Daave63
    Participant

I understand your point J, but I would bet if I went and posted or painted something in the TC, I would be arrested and prosecuted straight away! The council most know when these events are due and where the posters target, so with CCTV and the police, why not perform a couple of hits on them and maybe it will reduce in time!

jok
    Participant

My Colleagues and I have a constant battle with fly posters within the bus station area of King Street whilst working from the taxi rank there. We had problems with the empty T. E. Roberts store before in was demolished, the vacant, former Betfred bookmakers, the vacant, former Jones The Computer shop, the vacant former Eccleston’s shop and others further beyond. As soon as a poster is attached to the premises window we try to remove it as soon as possible. I have contacted the Council’s Street Scene office in the past and was told that unless the posters are attached to a council owned property they are not interested, that can’t be right can it? I appreciate that the comment from a member of staff may not be council policy, but I feel that comments like that should not be made unless it is actually council policy. Whilst on the telephone I asked the lady if the council would take action if posters were attached to the taxi stand shelter, she asked me if I owned the shelter. As the shelter was supplied and erected by the council I obviously put her right. I don’t know who train these people who answer enquiries such as mine but in this instance I felt her knowledge was inadequate. If people drop litter or cigarette stumps in the street the Civil Enforcement Officers issue fixed penalty notices, so why can’t enforcement be extended to cover fly posting?

dagg
    Participant

One of the councilors had the best idea get come canceled posters made and put them on the posters asap.

99DylanJones
    Participant

Shop owners need to be proactive-
    The Council have a legal responsibility to prosecute Fly Posters — there is an argument that if they don’t fulfil their legal responsibility the bill for cleaning shop windows should be sent to the Council for them to pay on the basis they have failed to carry out a legal duty.
    The Council Legal Officer os [email protected] as this issues potentially affects the economy of the area [email protected]. uk is Lead Member should be contacted along with [email protected] the Town Centre Manager.
    Be proactive and start emailing your issues to these people

Daave63
    Participant

[quote quote=95165]One of the councilors had the best idea get come canceled posters made and put them on the posters asap.

[/quote]
    Not really, Dagg, as the posters will still be there and we still a tracked more!!

BenjaminM
    Participant

Mountains and molehills spring to mind. At least they offer a bit of colour to the intrinsic dullness of the place.
    Don’ remember this sort of reaction when Bill Stickers was alive and kicking!

dagg
    Participant

[quote quote=95237]Mountains and molehills spring to mind. At least they offer a bit of colour to the intrinsic dullness of the place.
    Don’ remember this sort of reaction when Bill Stickers was alive and kicking!

[/quote]
    What! Bill Stickers is dead. when, I didn’t see that on the news.

Sheefag
    Participant

For a long time, I’ve felt that a significant amount of issues in Wrexham could be eradicted by the deployment of well trained and motivated snipers.
    This is just one of those problems.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

New video shows Wrexham AFC chairman “Baseball-izing” Football Game ahead of MLB World Tour

News

Police appeal after “considerable amount of damage” at local primary school

News

A view from Sam Rowlands – Welsh Conservative North Wales Member of the Senedd

News

“It is not for local authorities to fund local or national print media”, says Senedd committee

News

Over 6,000 illegal vapes seized in Wrexham in Trading Standards crackdown

News

Former First Minister Mark Drakeford honoured as one of the “Covid heroes”

News